U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-10-2009, 09:38 AM

154 posts, read 178,895 times
Default best place to get my hair cut

I had an amazing hairdresser in Philadelphia that I left behind with my move. I have not gotten my hair cut since. I am looking for a new wonderful stylist down here but would love to hear recommendations. I live in Myers Park but would be willing to drive. I do not want to pay a ton because I just dont think it is necessary to get a good cut. I paid 35 at a top salon at home. I found a few places that look good but I wanted to hear thoughts. TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 09:58 AM

43 posts, read 82,480 times
I used to spend a fortune on haircuts. Anywhere from $50.00 - $125.00.

I've been going to the Aveda Institute now for over a year. I've always gotten a good cut and for the most part am able to keep the same student for months until they graduate.
A haircut there is $15.00. Once you get in the system they will schedule you every 5 weeks or whatever suits you best. They offer alot of other services as well. It takes a little longer sometimes but not always.

I used to live in South Park and this is an easy drive from your location...just strait up Providence to the YMCA and a couple of turns from there.

Aveda Institutes: Service Locations: Charlotte

Old 11-10-2009, 10:34 AM

154 posts, read 178,895 times
i found a place called shine it is in Plaza Midwood a girl i know recommended anyone else been there. I checked out the Aveda School but I had a difficult time getting an appointment and I was concerned about having someone different. My hair is difficult to work with and if it is cut right then it is hard for me to deal with it. My husband may try that though because his hair is a non-issue really.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:40 AM

1,808 posts, read 4,042,897 times
Based on the recommendation of my coworker, I have been going to Dragonfly Hair Salon:

10035 Park Cedar Dr
Charlotte, NC 28210-8911
(704) 542-2902

Nikki is the owner and gives me a great cut! I have really thick hair, and she is able to put in subtle layers to make it more manageable for me. She's really nice, to boot. She charges $35 for a shampoo, cut, and blow dry.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:51 PM

1,367 posts, read 3,354,219 times
I know it's not near you, but I finally found a GREAT salon in Concord!

It's Bliss Beauty Lounge, in downtown Concord. The cut was about $35, done by the owner (can't remember her name). She just opened the salon recently after having worked there under a different owner for awhile.

It's got a very young, hip vibe and is by FAR the most stylish and reasonable salon I've found here since moving from Chicago. I went to the Aveda Institute and didn't have a good experience (although I know others who have), and I've found many of the salons around here to be way over-priced or not at all stylish. May be worth the drive if you can't find something closer!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:23 PM

292 posts, read 353,651 times
I just moved here a couple years ago and tried a few different stylists before I found Mel at the Haircolor Xperts in Kenilworth. She is absolutely fabulous. A cut and shampoo there is $40 I think. I feel completely confident, when I go to her, that my hair will look wonderful, and I have never felt that way before (I am very picky).

1710 Kenilworth Ave
Charlotte, NC 28203
Phone: (980) 939-8609
Request Mel

If you do decide to go there and tell them I referred you (I can PM you my name) we both get $10 off our cuts! Though you don't have to I just love Mel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte