U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:17 AM

146 posts, read 414,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
Do you know that if I was to take down (25 )12ft. trees one group or another would put me in jail.And this was not meant to be funny.Arbornist(?)
A reasonable person would remove/trim the trees obstructing the view and leave the rest remaining. Or another reasonable person would remove all the trees and replant something somewhere else on the property. That should satisfy the tree huggers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 03:44 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,690,600 times
The law says that trees branches,bushes etc that pose a safety issue for traffic are to be cut back. I carry a pair of hedge clippers in my trunk and sometimes do a free service to the community and get out and trim back overgrowth that blocks my view of traffic signs... Its ok to do it and the people who own the property have no say in the matter..They shouldnt let the trees ,shrubs grow out of control.Im a good citizen

Old 11-12-2009, 03:47 PM

7,104 posts, read 9,697,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
No one said the city had the right to cut the trees down,
But it was insinuated. Lumbollo mearly asked CC if she knew the statute.

She came back and said no. That's all. Poster questions, no response or back-up, let's move on.

I will trim what I feel responsibe for. I will ask the city to come and meet me and see what they think. It will then be negotiated from there. No trees are coming down while I own the property.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
I would suggest talking to a lawyer first if you want to fight this. If not, then just trim the trees.
No need for a lawyer or a fight. See my prev. post as to my course of action.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
The law says that trees branches,bushes etc that pose a safety issue for traffic are to be cut back. I carry a pair of hedge clippers in my trunk and sometimes do a free service to the community and get out and trim back overgrowth that blocks my view of traffic signs... Its ok to do it and the people who own the property have no say in the matter..They shouldnt let the trees ,shrubs grow out of control.Im a good citizen
You sound like a real sweetie. Thank you for your community service. Just wondering about the safety of your service and good intentions in a pro-gun carrying state. Hope you don't do "tree cutting " after dark.

BABOOM!!!! . .. "Damn, don't know why dat guy don't trim his own darn garn bushes and leave mine to be".

Old 11-27-2009, 05:50 AM

Default Update

Heard from Traffic Engineer right before the holiday. Reminded me my deadline was Nov. 30 and went on to strong threat of "they will go on to property and remove the trees". I contacted them and said I could not resolve this issue until first week of Jan. So, I asked that they send me a plan and reminded them to get a court order. I guess that request restored her senses and she opened up communications again.

I said that I would meet them on Dec.__ if she would call off the wolves and work with me and my business and holiday schedule. I promised her the problem would be resolved the day we meet.
No problem----she's a lovely lady that just got a little too excited. . .I think. Let you know in a couple of weeks.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:34 AM

Anything 50 feet from the road can be cut by the city. You cant do a thing except pat taxes on the land you think you own..lol The city butcherd 3 of my large pin oaks cause they were 'too close to the power lines"

Old 11-27-2009, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Anything 50 feet from the road can be cut by the city. You cant do a thing except pat taxes on the land you think you own..lol The city butcherd 3 of my large pin oaks cause they were 'too close to the power lines"
The issue here is :Trim and cut back vs. come on to my property and remove (3) trees. Quite a difference.The reason she said they want to "remove" is they don't want to be my "personal gardener" when the trees need trimming again.

I suggested she meet me at my house to resolve it so as to avoid a pee pee match down the road. She agrees that's wise.We'll see and I'll report back in about 3 weeks.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:21 PM

I guess if it is a tree that will grow straight up into power lines as it gets bigger and bigger the only solution is to eliminate the tree. If the tree limbs will only be skirting the lines in 20 years they should just wait and trim them back. If the tree will get so big that it will block access to a service truck trying to get around it I guess then its best to remove it while its still small. If the tree was planted after the lines were up its the planters fault....Get out the chainsaw...

Old 11-27-2009, 04:13 PM

^^^Not a power line issue. Trees are blocking the view of a stop sign on one of the cross streets of my corner property. It will be resolved in 3 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or