U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 11:32 AM

2,742 posts, read 5,985,394 times

Advertisements

This says Charlotte is being considered for RadioShack's potential relocation, along with Tampa, Nashville and New Mexico. It would be good if it involved bringing new jobs. Personally though, I find it hard to believe they'd consider leaving Fort Worth, TX. I see this as a very long shot.

Article: Report: Charlotte eyed for RadioShack HQ - Triangle Business Journal:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 11:49 AM
am2

413 posts, read 743,829 times
well, i wont hold my breath on it, but that would be awesome if they did mover here. I'm biased but I think Charlotte is better than Tampa or Albuquerque or any of those other cities mentioned.

Old 11-12-2009, 11:58 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times
Thanks for posting that article, Blue! It would be great if it means some more jobs! But I am really surprised they would want to leave Ft. Worth.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Thanks for posting that article, Blue! It would be great if it means some more jobs! But I am really surprised they would want to leave Ft. Worth.
I think Charlotte is a more attractive location than those cities mentioned too, I'm just not so sure I can honestly say we're a more attractive location than Fort Worth. Fort Worth has a lot good going for it. Makes me wonder if they really are considering a move, or if its just a plow to get some type of concessions from Forth Worth and/or the state of Texas.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 PM

2,820 posts, read 4,914,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I think Charlotte is a more attractive location than those cities mentioned too, I'm just not so sure I can honestly say we're a more attractive location than Fort Worth. Fort Worth has a lot good going for it. Makes me wonder if they really are considering a move, or if its just a plow to get some type of concessions from Forth Worth and/or the state of Texas.

No state income tax in the state of Texas....

Old 11-12-2009, 12:11 PM

4,222 posts, read 6,710,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by am2 View Post
well, i wont hold my breath on it, but that would be awesome if they did mover here. I'm biased but I think Charlotte is better than Tampa or Albuquerque or any of those other cities mentioned.
I agree. We in a wonderful location for distribution. Charlotte is the only city mentioned with a true International Airport and major highway networks. We are half way between NYC and Miami and have a highway just to the north (I-40) that goes across the country. Besides, we have a workforce that is second to none. Other than Dallas/Ft. Worth, we are the best choice.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:13 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Funny - I thought the same thing! I definitely think if they truly are going to leave the Ft. Worth area, that Charlotte would be the most compatible of the other choices. To me, there is a lot to favorably compare between the Ft. Worth area (actually, all the Dallas burbs) and Charlotte.

I just wonder if they are rumbling and grumbling hoping Ft. Worth will ante up w/ some concessions to keep 'em in Texas. However, it could be someone at the top of the executive ladder likes Charlotte's location - beach and mountains nearby - something Ft. Worth does not have. The other locations are within a reasonable distance to tourist/vacation type destinations, so I am wondering if the desire to be closer to water and/or mountains may have something to do with it.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:43 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,935,112 times
...but then they'd leave behind Bone Daddy's House of Smoke. That place put's Hooters to shame.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:02 PM

1,511 posts, read 2,875,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
...but then they'd leave behind Bone Daddy's House of Smoke. That place put's Hooters to shame.
Too funny: my coworker loves this place, and according to him the food is excellent. I wonder if that's the only thing he loves about it

Old 11-12-2009, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sepulgeek View Post
LOL, never been there. There are some great resturants out there though. I lived in Dallas for a short time but never made it to Fort Worth Ironically most of my friends out there live in Forth Worth. So I know its really nice. Its location to Dallas is what really helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or