U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 11-14-2009, 08:52 AM
81 posts, read 130,094 times
Reputation: 108


The gist: my father owns my car and I started the process of switching ownership to me at the beginning of this month and I just got my very own insurance (instead of being on my parents) about a week and a half ago. Unfortunately, my father is an ass and did not tell me that he forgot to pay to get the car re-registered and I got a expired registration ticket just now. Yeah, I know I should have look into it.

I guess the question is: what's the best way this doesn't end up on my record? The cop who issued the ticket said that if I get re-registered and bring that to court that I don't have to worry about the ticket. Also, court cost: is it unavoidable? I'm sort of under tight financial constraints due to cutbacks at work.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Union County, NC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 09:38 AM
3,071 posts, read 7,696,055 times
Reputation: 1622
Go to court you have no other option. It will not give you points. It happened to me and the ticket was dropped when I explained my error and showed I had since then got everything in order. Shouldnt cost you anything other than your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2009, 04:28 PM
Location: NC
5,116 posts, read 1,809,714 times
Reputation: 2374
Get it renewed asap, bring proof to court. Make sure you point out you did this ASAP, as you were trying to get things in your name and want to start off on the right foot. It should get thrown out.

Had it happen once to me on my way to the beach.....but it was Stanley county. I can imagine it operating close to the same there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2009, 06:59 PM
129 posts, read 299,472 times
Reputation: 127
I think its a fix it ticket, you can just take it to the court house and prove that youve done it, i hear they just dismiss it then.

I got the same thing just recently, you can do the registration online for like 25$
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top