U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:09 PM

5,442 posts, read 5,181,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Hmmm, well, based on your posts here and in the other piercing/tattoo threads, it doesn't come across as an honest desire to learn more about this. I apologize if I've misinterpreted your posts, but things like:

"...need to spend some time thinking about a body part of mine where DA won't scare the hell out of all small children, and sane ppl. walking the street." - Implies that people who like or partake in dermal anchoring are insane.

"I writing to Santa for a kit so I can do it myself and do it as a sideline job next year." - Implies that studios that offer this are fly-by-night, or that the people doing the work are untrained.

"You will also note he was working very close to her brains. Ever wonder why neither was worried about that?" -Implies, again, that people interested in having this done are less than mentally stable.

And those are only examples from this thread. I would respectfully suggest that if you are truly after meaningful information/discussion on this kind of topic that you rethink your approach.

Maybe it's just me...
No problem. Apology accepted.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 02:16 PM

33 posts, read 210,257 times
Wow, I didn't think a simple thread could lead to much discussion like this one.

To Hooligan: Thank you for your support :-)
To Pink Lady: I honestly don't mind about your remarks. Your opinion is as worthy as any others, and I'm always glad to hear about what people think, negative or positive. I have DA for my own appreciation, I can cover it with a turtle neck if I want to. But most likely not ...lol... I don't drink either, but thanks for your concern.
To Nativechief: ..no comment..

Tattoos and piercings are more popular nowadays than 50 years ago, yet you would always find people who will object to the practices. There is no point arguing about such matters; unless for researching purposes that need two sides and not cheap shots at one another.

Oh ..and Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

Old 02-21-2010, 10:43 AM

238 posts, read 594,893 times
I wish I had seen this thread earlier- I got 3 done with Tee @ Krazy Kats... there was another place on Central (not Sadu of course- I also asked and they declined), but I liked Tee after my 1st, so I went back... I got 1 under each collarbone and 1 on my left wrist. Ill be going back for 2 more on my left wrist before too long...

Urs are super cute!

Old 03-09-2010, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 1,272 times
I wanted to get a micro dermal, but my piercer said that the body rejects them and pushes them after awhile. He recommended a surface piercing instead, so that's what I got. I'm very happy with it. And he didn't nick an artery or anything. Wonder how common that is. With all the piercings I see around I don't think very.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:59 AM

11,770 posts, read 18,379,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
what a lame come back...you can do better than that... duh " you need to up your medication.".har har ..Every thing I said is like,,,,,,,,,,,,true..lol
Thanks for not disappointing me with your lame comeback.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:37 PM

33 posts, read 210,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobaby View Post
I wanted to get a micro dermal, but my piercer said that the body rejects them and pushes them after awhile. He recommended a surface piercing instead, so that's what I got. I'm very happy with it. And he didn't nick an artery or anything. Wonder how common that is. With all the piercings I see around I don't think very.
Wow I haven't checked this thread for a while.

Basically I read that dermal anchor is to replace surface piercing because the rejection for surface piercing is a lot higher due to longer drainage (long bar underneath your skin). But again, it depends on your body, if it wants to push out, it will push out eventually.
The pro (at least for me) also a con of dermal anchor is it's semi-permanent, so if you don't think you'll keep your piercing long then go ahead with the surface piercing, but chances are it'll reject and might leave you a long scar. However, good luck to you anyway, who knows yours might stay well and healthy.

As of today (almost 4 months later), my dermal anchor still heals great, and I love it dearly.

Last edited by joy78; 03-16-2010 at 03:48 PM..

Old 04-17-2011, 01:42 PM

1,628 posts, read 2,539,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foobaby View Post

Are you in Charlotte/NC? Which piercer did your surface piercing? I've been doing weeks of research and decided to get a surface piercing instead of a microdermal. Less risk for what it is I'm looking for.

Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 PM

4 posts, read 2,722 times
Default just a thought

Hi everyone, I don't know if there is a limit on how long a thread stays open in the forum but when I searched for dermal anchor in Charlotte, my name showed up here. I just want to clarify a lot of misconception about dermal anchors:
-They are not permanent, dermal anchors can easily migrate or reject depends on each individual.
-They do not need to be surgically removed.
-They do not go deeper than, say, a belly piercing so no more dangerous than any other piercings.
If you guys have any more questions, please do not hesitate to email me at: krazykatspiercing@yahoo.com

While we, body modificaters, do not have the same training like licensed practitioners, we improve ourselves by taking Bloodborne pathogens, CPR, first aid training annually and continually educate ourselves to to keep up with our industry through our industry seminars and such. Those who are not up to date with the punctual wound care process and other piercing procedures and such will surely be left behind and easily be viewed as hacks, which in turn will reflect badly for our piercing industry.
Sorry for the rambling, I know it's late and maybe no one will read this thread but I just want to get this off my mind
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte