U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2009, 04:41 PM
amp amp started this thread

519 posts, read 1,338,536 times

Advertisements

Im not sure if this is the appropriate place, but I wanted to say thank you to the Valvoline shop on Idlewild road in Indian trail. The manager there was so nice today to me to help me get my tire off and the spare on...which would be normal for a shop...but he was just sooo friendly and made great suggestions to help me find cost effective tires. I really really appreciated it and was glad that there are some friendly people here in charlotte He made an upleasant situation better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 05:18 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,916,457 times
Sure, why not? I wasn't going to start a thread over this, but since you did already, here is what happened to me just last week. The low pressure tire light came on in my wife's almost new CRV, so I topped off all 4 tires with my trusty bicycle pump - none were particularly low - and then inspected the tires and found what appeared to be a small skinny nail sticking out of one tire. I didn't want to pull out the nail because I was afraid the tire would deflate, so I drove to the nearby Tire Kingdom where the guy gently pulled the large staple out of the tire and it hadn't pierced so there was no leak. He checked carefully for any leaks, then he checked the pressure on all 4 tires with their machine that does 2 at a time. Didn't charge me a dime!

Old 11-14-2009, 05:43 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,059,012 times
I think it is great to have a thread thanking folks for being especially helpful or for going out of their way with superb customer service.

Nice to hear some positive stories!

Old 11-14-2009, 08:28 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,392,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amp View Post
Im not sure if this is the appropriate place, but I wanted to say thank you to the Valvoline shop on Idlewild road in Indian trail. The manager there was so nice today to me to help me get my tire off and the spare on...which would be normal for a shop...but he was just sooo friendly and made great suggestions to help me find cost effective tires. I really really appreciated it and was glad that there are some friendly people here in charlotte He made an upleasant situation better.
Awwww...that's nice

Last summer I accidentally left my wallet sitting on the counter at Walgreens on Sardis Rd North, AND I didn't realize it for 24 hours! I was just panicked at the thought that someone was out buying flat screens, expensive meals or Nike's with my good credit once I realized what I had done. Not to mention, my husband was unemployed at the time and we needed every dollar we had.

But I raced to Walgreens to discover that the young teenage clerk had turned it in to her boss immediately and it had been put up for safe keeping in their safe! NOTHING was missing, not a single card or dollar. I was so relieved I cried Then I went out and bought a gift card for the teen and a thank you card to let her know how awesome I thought she was

Old 11-14-2009, 09:43 PM

124 posts, read 322,863 times
Default A bittersweet message

Quote:
Originally Posted by amp View Post
It is so sad that there has to be such a thread, but so necessary to let people know we truly appreciate their good deeds in these difficult times. I had problem with the TV, Cable from Time Warner and the serviceman seeing how visibly upset I was, went above and beyond to help me understand the cause,fix and explained it all so professionally and in a kind way.When I called to make sure he got recognition and Thank him,they were in shock saying it was an unusual call.Maybe it will help return some of the human interest side of dealing with the public,we sure need it. I think we all have some stories to tell, and can all profit from it.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:03 AM

I am so glad I posted this, I wasn't sure if I should, I love hearing positive stories...there are a lot of great people out there and all we hear in the news is the bad stuff. THanks for posting all the other stories, it makes me smile

Old 11-15-2009, 06:12 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,060,151 times
This is a great thread. Just as an aside, almost all of those tire places will check pressure, plug and or even rotate tires since they want you to come back to buy the tires.

I started notcing them doing this after I visited Discount Tire and that is standard policy for them.

Old 11-15-2009, 06:20 AM

Discount Tire is the place this person suggested and where we will likely go. The place I went was Valvoline oil - one of those quick oil change places. He unloaded my trunk(which was packed with work stuff as I was on my way home from work) and re-loaded it...and didn't charge me anything too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or