U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-16-2009, 04:28 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
45 posts, read 275,710 times
Reputation: 22

Advertisements

Make sure to try the tom-yum soup ..it's one of my favourites, and no complain about the spiciness ..it's good for you :P
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-16-2009, 08:25 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,851 posts, read 27,123,355 times
Reputation: 8923
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspiggy007 View Post
Make sure to try the tom-yum soup ..it's one of my favourites, and no complain about the spiciness ..it's good for you :P
Thanks! I love tom yum soup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2009, 10:57 PM
 
551 posts, read 1,191,575 times
Reputation: 348
I've been to Thai House at the University location at least 5 times. Great food, but I have noticed a decline in their food over the years.

For instance, their pad thai used to be absolutely delicious. Last time I had it, about 4 months ago, it was a little too saucy for me. Portion sizes have dramatically changed over the years also. Their lunch menu is a pretty good deal. I love the chicken graw paw, pad thai, and pad see ew. The curry is pretty good as well. Thai Tea is yummy also. The papaya salad is also great. Wow, I really do like a lot of their stuff LOL.

I love thai food. I'm cambodian and thai cuisine is very similar to cambodian cuisine.
I recommend you try vietnamese cuisine (Pho, rice dishes, vermicelli dishes) as well to get the full experience of southeast asian cuisine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 07:21 AM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,851 posts, read 27,123,355 times
Reputation: 8923
Quote:
Originally Posted by tban View Post
I've been to Thai House at the University location at least 5 times. Great food, but I have noticed a decline in their food over the years.

For instance, their pad thai used to be absolutely delicious. Last time I had it, about 4 months ago, it was a little too saucy for me. Portion sizes have dramatically changed over the years also. Their lunch menu is a pretty good deal. I love the chicken graw paw, pad thai, and pad see ew. The curry is pretty good as well. Thai Tea is yummy also. The papaya salad is also great. Wow, I really do like a lot of their stuff LOL.

I love thai food. I'm cambodian and thai cuisine is very similar to cambodian cuisine.
I recommend you try vietnamese cuisine (Pho, rice dishes, vermicelli dishes) as well to get the full experience of southeast asian cuisine.
I love Vietnamese food, but right now my question concerned the Thai restaurant that recently opened in Gastonia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 07:44 AM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,693 posts, read 23,068,833 times
Reputation: 14332
I prefer the Tom Ka Gai over the Tom Yum. I have had both at Thai House & I thought the coconut chicken was better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 02:22 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,851 posts, read 27,123,355 times
Reputation: 8923
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I prefer the Tom Ka Gai over the Tom Yum. I have had both at Thai House & I thought the coconut chicken was better.
Thanks, bs!

I love Thai & Vietnamese food., & was thrilled to see a Thai restaurant open in Gastonia. I'm even happier that it seems to be a good one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 02:28 PM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,693 posts, read 23,068,833 times
Reputation: 14332
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Thanks, bs!

I love Thai & Vietnamese food., & was thrilled to see a Thai restaurant open in Gastonia. I'm even happier that it seems to be a good one.
Now, if I could just find one with some good fish cakes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2009, 02:34 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,851 posts, read 27,123,355 times
Reputation: 8923
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Now, if I could just find one with some good fish cakes!
Better than that, I would be so excited if an Asian supermarket opened in the metro area. There were 2 in Cherry Hill (where I used to live) & the closest that I've seen is in a suburb of Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 12:36 PM
 
330 posts, read 931,693 times
Reputation: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Better than that, I would be so excited if an Asian supermarket opened in the metro area. There were 2 in Cherry Hill (where I used to live) & the closest that I've seen is in a suburb of Atlanta.
Isn't there an Asian market at Tryon and Sugar Creek near the Compare Foods?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-18-2009, 01:26 PM
 
Location: The place where the road & the sky collide
21,851 posts, read 27,123,355 times
Reputation: 8923
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAMF View Post
Isn't there an Asian market at Tryon and Sugar Creek near the Compare Foods?
I don't know. I live in Kings Mountain, but don't have a problem with driving to Charlotte. There are Asian markets out here, but they are the little ones with very little selection. What I am refering to are big supermarkets. I attempted to find something online in the Charlotte area with no luck. Everything that I found seemed to be the small markets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top