U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:16 PM

2,115 posts, read 6,439,570 times

Advertisements

lopez,

Great blog! Congrats on making an offer. I look forward to reading the end result. You and the family are moving fast!

We also have the pine needles surrounding the beds in front and on the sides of our home. I have yet to encounter one snake but, I'm not putting my hand in a pile of needles just to test that theory. We do, however, have lots and lots of geckos that my boys find absolutely delightful. More than one has made its way into the house. The kids love every minute of it.

SL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 08:19 PM

7,928 posts, read 17,752,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
lopez,

Great blog! Congrats on making an offer. I look forward to reading the end result. You and the family are moving fast!

We also have the pine needles surrounding the beds in front and on the sides of our home. I have yet to encounter one snake but, I'm not putting my hand in a pile of needles just to test that theory. We do, however, have lots and lots of geckos that my boys find absolutely delightful. More than one has made its way into the house. The kids love every minute of it.

SL
ahh sara Getkos I can live with..lol the snakes well we all know that is a different story so we will def be taking out the pine needles either way..lol

Old 05-15-2007, 05:54 AM

85 posts, read 326,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
lopez,

SL
The lizards or 'geckos' are actually Carolina Anole and you can find out more info at the following link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anolis_carolinensis
The irridescent blue and 5 stripe Skinks can be fun to have around as well.

BTW, most snakes found in the Charlotte area are very helpful in controlling the vermin population. If you have field mice, you will likely have Black Snakes and others. They follow the food supply (the attractant) and make their homes in grasses and landscaping that is not unlike how we select a home.....convenient to shopping.....restaurants.....and a home that's easy to maintain....the Pine Needles.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:05 AM

4,093 posts, read 10,146,222 times
Default Snakes

My DH and kids have found about 5 snakes in the last week or 2. 3 were on our property and 2 were while they were bike riding in the neighborhood. They said one was in the middle of the road!

We also had one in our basement last year!!!!

Dawn

Old 05-15-2007, 07:20 AM

4,093 posts, read 10,146,222 times
Congratulations on the house and the move. People here ARE very nice.

Dawn

Old 05-15-2007, 07:35 AM

40 posts, read 85,118 times
This became an interesting little thread! Thanks to all who commented. Thanks for the congrats (though a bit early. We're still on the market up here. LOL.) ... And thanks about my blog.

I think we are going to be looking into the rubber mulch. LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or