Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 10:27 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,138,312 times

Advertisements

My doggie has diabetes and I want to know where in Charlotte I can buy it at the best price. The vet doesnt have it and would have to order it and I need it now. He will give me the required script. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:40 AM

852 posts, read 2,468,060 times
I used to get my doggie phenobarbitol at Indian Trail pharmacy. They were very reasonable and a lot of vets use them.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:46 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
I never heard of this try petmeds.com and see the price and what they have

Old 11-24-2009, 11:29 AM

461 posts, read 985,308 times
Any regular pharmacy can fill the prescription, so call around and find the best price.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:02 PM

120 posts, read 325,358 times
I used to get my cats insulin at Walmart. He took Huminlin N and we never needed a prescription just asked for it.

Old 11-24-2009, 03:14 PM

115 posts, read 296,773 times
Yup, some insulin you can buy without a prescription. Walmart has their brand of Relion Novolin N and R for roughly $24.

Sunny-- you'd be surprised but most pets take the same exact medicine as people (just in smaller doses).

Old 11-24-2009, 05:56 PM

thanks. yes human insulin in many cases is the same except the concentration is much different. 10 units of dog insulin even of the same brand IS NOT the same strength as 10 units made for humans. thanks again. I have a script that can be used as many times as I need for one year and thats why I want to find the cheapest place.

Old 11-24-2009, 07:57 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,828,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
thanks. yes human insulin in many cases is the same except the concentration is much different. 10 units of dog insulin even of the same brand IS NOT the same strength as 10 units made for humans. thanks again. I have a script that can be used as many times as I need for one year and thats why I want to find the cheapest place.
Hi Nativechief,
Our previous black lab had diabetes, this was back in CA but I used to purchase the syringes and insulin at Cost Co, they had the best price.

Our lab was so good, I would have him eat and then he would sit and wait for his shot and if I wasn't quick enough he would bark at me.

**It's the syringes that you need a prescription for.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Hi Nativechief,
Our previous black lab had diabetes, this was back in CA but I used to purchase the syringes and insulin at Cost Co, they had the best price.

Our lab was so good, I would have him eat and then he would sit and wait for his shot and if I wasn't quick enough he would bark at me.

**It's the syringes that you need a prescription for.
Thanks. I checked with Petmeds tonight and the price is 34.95 a bottle but they have to have 19.95 extra to send it overnight which insulin requires. Im not paying 20 bucks to ship a little box 1/3 the size of a pack of ciggs, I will check Cost co but Im afraid it may be the same deal. For sure some of the local places have it cheaper. Walmart doesnt carry it according to their website but I will still take the bottle to them and see what they say. Too bad I cant pay for the stuff on my med card............wife said I better not even think of trying to do it. My akita just learned today what the bottle looks like and is starting to try and hide from her shot. I need to also get a drop of blood for a meter check but cant figure out how to do it without more of MY blood being spilled than hers. Akitas dont like people touching their feet . any ideas?, Cant seem to get it on the ear but at least she will alow me to try.....GEZZ

Old 11-24-2009, 11:36 PM

461 posts, read 985,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Thanks. I checked with Petmeds tonight and the price is 34.95 a bottle but they have to have 19.95 extra to send it overnight which insulin requires. Im not paying 20 bucks to ship a little box 1/3 the size of a pack of ciggs, I will check Cost co but Im afraid it may be the same deal. For sure some of the local places have it cheaper. Walmart doesnt carry it according to their website but I will still take the bottle to them and see what they say. Too bad I cant pay for the stuff on my med card............wife said I better not even think of trying to do it. My akita just learned today what the bottle looks like and is starting to try and hide from her shot. I need to also get a drop of blood for a meter check but cant figure out how to do it without more of MY blood being spilled than hers. Akitas dont like people touching their feet . any ideas?, Cant seem to get it on the ear but at least she will alow me to try.....GEZZ
I agree with the Costco suggestion. They famously have low prescription prices, and you do NOT need a membership to use their pharmacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte