U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:17 PM

7,105 posts, read 9,701,079 times

Advertisements

I saw a couple of weeks ago. "What Works". Larry Davis.
Hey, if you want to get on line after turkey, desserts (full load, no holds barred) good luck. Go for it.Whatever ,"What Works"

Don't get peed off if the same item is the same price in 10 days from now with free shipping delivered to you while your laying in bed with your hot lover.These things happen. All due to greed without any regard to the small pleasures in life.
Knock yourself out.

BTW: I'm looking at a computer for 299. Problem is it's so small you need to buy a projection screen to read its' content, 10"! Do you know what a 10" screen looks like after a straight up Martini? Kinda lie opposite ends of a football field, and you're at the opposite end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 08:10 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,459,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemaew View Post
I saw an article today that said that Walmart is allowing people to camp out next to the item they want, starting Thanksgiving day - and sadly, I know people who will be trying that.
Wow!

I am another one who has never done the "Black Friday" thing. I don't really understand it. Yes I like getting a good deal as much as the next guy but, I would never camp out overnight, or wait in line for hours on end for the chance to save a few bucks. I tend to think like Mullman on this - the time wasted camped out in the parking lot is worth more to me than whatever $ I would save in one of these sales.

Heck, I generally avoid stores around the holidays in general because of the crowds. Its so much easier to do my shopping with a few clicks of the mouse and have it brought to my front door.

Old 11-26-2009, 09:21 AM

14,693 posts, read 23,077,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I saw a couple of weeks ago. "What Works". Larry Davis.
Hey, if you want to get on line after turkey, desserts (full load, no holds barred) good luck. Go for it.Whatever ,"What Works"

Don't get peed off if the same item is the same price in 10 days from now with free shipping delivered to you while your laying in bed with your hot lover.These things happen. All due to greed without any regard to the small pleasures in life.
Knock yourself out.

BTW: I'm looking at a computer for 299. Problem is it's so small you need to buy a projection screen to read its' content, 10"! Do you know what a 10" screen looks like after a straight up Martini? Kinda lie opposite ends of a football field, and you're at the opposite end.
Yeah, you are not being judgmental at all. BTW, it is "teed off" not "peed off".

There are plenty of great deals to be had on BF. Just like the grocery store, though, they make a lot of money from people buying a lot of the other regular priced stuff.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:26 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,459,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pink caddy View Post
I don't know if I could read a screen that small while sober, much less after a few cocktails.

That is another thing I notice about these super deals...either they are in "limited quantities", which I am sure are very limited for quality items, or they are for some off-name, low-end brand of product. For example, one of the flyers I saw had a 32" LCD flat screen for $250...it was by some company I never heard of and its technical specs were equivalent to something that was much more current maybe two years ago. So...yeah, its a "doorbuster" deal of only $250, but it looks like a cheap piece of crap.

Old 11-26-2009, 12:30 PM

7,105 posts, read 9,701,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Yeah, you are not being judgmental at all. BTW, it is "teed off" not "peed off".

There are plenty of great deals to be had on BF. Just like the grocery store, though, they make a lot of money from people buying a lot of the other regular priced stuff.
Happy Thanksgiving bs 13690!

Old 11-26-2009, 01:58 PM

5,975 posts, read 17,559,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
Those shoppers remind me of gullible voters. The name Black Friday is more than a little racist
Oh please...Black and Red have nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with a profit and loss statement.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:35 PM

28 posts, read 62,138 times
BTW, "Black Friday" refers to the fact that, traditionally, it is the first day of the year that retailers turn profitable, that they're "in the black". Many brick and mortar retailers lose, or break even, all year and make their yearly profits from Thanksgiving to Christmas.

Old 11-26-2009, 05:47 PM

5,116 posts, read 1,808,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Actually, either term is correct.

That said, I usually do enjoy black Friday. I'm not usually looking for any specific, but just watching the day and knowing there is life in the economy is enough to keep me smiling.

I enjoy the holiday crowds for the same reason. If you go to the local overpacked mall and see hardly anyone..... then it is time to worry

Old 11-26-2009, 10:01 PM

870 posts, read 3,209,996 times
I did do black friday shopping once. Went to CompUSA and got one of their special laptop deals. And it was a "great deal". Now I know why they went out of business. Laptop lasted about 6 months and they were closed before I could take it in to be fixed.

Old 11-26-2009, 11:22 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,077,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
I did do black friday shopping once. Went to CompUSA and got one of their special laptop deals. And it was a "great deal". Now I know why they went out of business. Laptop lasted about 6 months and they were closed before I could take it in to be fixed.
Did CompUSA manufacture their own laptops? If not, you should have had a one year warranty through the manufacturer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or