Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times

Advertisements

Lets support local stores this holiday season, so hopefully the money stays in the community
tell us what you like about that store so we can have an idea of what they offer
Ill start

Uncommon Scents, Huntersville
This store has all kind of stuff you will probably find something male and female on your gift list. They have the best candle selection you would ever want A great selection of college stuff,pet stuff,yard stuff All kind of great gift selection This store would will well worth a visit.
(I just research and it base in Oregon but it still a United States Company)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 04:18 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,134,585 times
I support local stores every week when I shop at Lowes and Harris Teeter!

Old 11-24-2009, 04:39 PM

2,353 posts, read 4,653,737 times
Pura Vida Wordly Art! Teresa (the owner) is a beautiful person, and her store reflects that. Art from around the world (large and small), books, candles, jewelry, clothing, items from lots of different faith traditions... She's having a big sale now through 11/28 - Early Black Friday!

She's got these Christmas ornaments that are paper, with seeds embedded in them - you can plant them! Great sustainable gifts.

And she hosts live music nearly every Saturday, for free! (The artists accept donations)

It is SUCH a special store.

Old 11-24-2009, 04:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,513,090 times
great sugestions

Thought of another one the last one seems cluttered so I thought it was local still a cool store

Paper Skyscraper, Dilworth Charlotte
This is not a typical paper store they actually have cool gifts, Gags, toys, games, puzzles home decor, etc

Old 11-24-2009, 05:50 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
this thread is awesome ! WTG Sunny...

Let's see, we are in the Gaston County area...we visit
Belmont General Store, The String Bean, Tobacco Road Outlet (Cigar gifts),
Mt. Holly Hardware they have a small selection of garden goodies. Piccolo Antique mall and a store also in Belmont called Hip Chicks.

Those are some local stores that come to mind.

Old 11-25-2009, 12:01 PM

201 posts, read 670,351 times
Park Road Book!

They've often been able to get in books for us faster than the larger bookstores in the area. In addition, they've gone the extra mile in locating rare books.

And, they are just so nice!

Great thread!

Old 11-25-2009, 12:56 PM

852 posts, read 2,468,060 times
Renfrow in matthews for hardware and garden supplies.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:06 PM

22 posts, read 69,789 times
second Paper Skyscraper, it's one of the best stores in Charlotte for gifts.

Old 11-25-2009, 01:36 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,143,524 times
Consider Paper Skyscraper thirded.
My sister is visiting from Detroit and we went out to look for some stuff for our niece. Mainly I was going just to find a unique card -- that proved very easy. My sister also walked out with a scarf and a bracelet. And we bought a big ol' sheet of heavy duty wrapping paper that we use on top of a coffee table for decoration. And some candy. And a twisty pencil.
It is a VERY cool store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Pura Vida Wordly Art! Teresa (the owner) is a beautiful person, and her store reflects that. Art from around the world (large and small), books, candles, jewelry, clothing, items from lots of different faith traditions... She's having a big sale now through 11/28 - Early Black Friday!

She's got these Christmas ornaments that are paper, with seeds embedded in them - you can plant them! Great sustainable gifts.

And she hosts live music nearly every Saturday, for free! (The artists accept donations)

It is SUCH a special store.
We also stopped in there. I'd been meaning to check it out for some time because it just looks so darned neat. But sadly we couldn't stay. Just inside the entrance was a tray with incense burning -- and it was just billowing an enormous amount of smoke all over the place. My sister lasted about five seconds before she had to leave. My fiancée and I couldn't stay much longer than a minute. It was really a shame, because it does indeed like a reeeaaaaaly cool place. Hopefully that attack-of-the-incense thing was an anomoly?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:29 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,483,478 times
Oasis Spa. Give a gift certificate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte