U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2009, 05:18 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,035,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappearc View Post
My son is due to fly out of CLT tomorrow evening. I keep checking the airport parking website which shows all 4 long term parking lots closed. Does this mean they are full? Are there any other options? Here is the website:

Parking Status (http://www.charmeck.org/Departments/Airport/Parking/Parking+Status.htm - broken link)

Thanks.
If he is flying OUT, why not just drop him off at the curb?
Or is he a young 2-14?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2009, 05:49 PM

624 posts, read 1,889,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
If he is flying OUT, why not just drop him off at the curb?
Or is he a young 2-14?
From previous post months back, I think the OP is the parent living outside of Charlotte and the son just moved for a job up in Maiden. So I'm guessing the OP's location is where the son is traveling to.

Quote:
I'm doing some leg work for my son who is super
busy right now. He is 24 years old and needs to find an apartment complex close to where he will be working (Maiden) but needs easy access to the Charlotte airport...
Quote:
...my son is going to be involved in the building process of the new Apple facility. His company has an office in Charlotte (near the airport), although he is currently working in the Atlanta area. Most likely he will be on-site in Maiden but may have to also work in the Charlotte office also. He also tries to fly home as much as possible because his girlfriend still has one more year of college and this is also where all his family is...so 2 reasons to be near the airport.
Sorry just a weird memory for random info.

Old 11-25-2009, 06:35 PM

4,280 posts, read 10,035,328 times
FWIW, I worked as an engineer for Apple (#29540) in my 20s flying all over the US.
Sometimes spending as little as 5 nights a month in my meager apartment.

Apple Inc. has an entire dept for that: Apple Travel out of Sunnyvale, CA.
They are meticulous in their detail handling.

Relax 'helicopter-mom'
He's a big boy, he can figure this out.

Otherwise he is doomed to fail if he must rely on his mom's airport parking report.
I'm just saying...

Last edited by mullman; 11-25-2009 at 06:56 PM..

Old 11-25-2009, 07:47 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,106,172 times
yep, Orangish, just DID that 10 hour CLT-to-Indy drive...and continued on to the city!!! BTW...the W VA turnpike...77 north to 64 west is a great way to go, really like it a lot better than the old way thru Asheville.....and, as a bonus, my IPass worked!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte