Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 04:52 PM

533 posts, read 1,833,326 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of any pet friendly restaurants in S. Charlotte that allow you to have your dog sit with you? I've seen people with their dogs outside Starbucks and Panera, but was wondering about other places, restaurants in particular, that allow this. I know about the Dog Bar and will certainly try it in the future, but I am more interested in places a little closer to home. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2010, 04:56 PM

136 posts, read 327,399 times
I think the whole idea of sitting at a restaurant while someone has the pet at a nearby table is gross... (my oldest daughter says I am anti-animal, but anyway....). While reading this to my DH, he said that the only place suitable is the park with a picnic shelter... LOL!

I know this is the answer you are looking for, but this request for information is different fer sure!

Old 06-30-2010, 05:08 PM

I know people have different opinions about it, but I'm more interested in the information I'm looking for rather than opinions. I'm a new pet owner and I've seen people with pets on patios around Charlotte, but I just don't remember where.

Old 06-30-2010, 05:21 PM

43 posts, read 155,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of 3 girls View Post
I think the whole idea of sitting at a restaurant while someone has the pet at a nearby table is gross... (my oldest daughter says I am anti-animal, but anyway....). While reading this to my DH, he said that the only place suitable is the park with a picnic shelter... LOL!

I know this is the answer you are looking for, but this request for information is different fer sure!
to each their own... the request for info may be "different" for this board, but not unusual in general.

I was also interested in this information, as we've traveled with our dog to many cities where it's not all that uncommon to eat on the patio (with your dog at your feet), and we've recently relocated here. I did a search on Chowhound, and nothing came up, so I'll start a thread. (not sure if it's against board rules to refer ppl to other boards, so pls someone LMK) I'll post back here if there's any helpful suggestions over there.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:34 PM

795 posts, read 4,536,515 times
lacey3eb -- i'll answer this question the easiest way i can think of -- i consider any restaurant that has outside seating that is not inside a gate or fencing to be fair game.

i have never had a problem or been approached by restaurant staff or fellow patrons, but my dog is small (less than 20pounds) and well mannered (as in, if you didn't know he was there, you wouldn't know he was there).

also, he sits in a chair pulled up to the table... for his comfort and b/c i don't want him down on the grime of a patio floor... and he's never left alone, someone is always at the table with him.

i will say this, he usually ends up being the center of attention... in a good way! when people realize he's there, they usually ask if they can take him home... (oh, you'd bring him back in a hurry!)

congratulations on your new buddy!

Old 06-30-2010, 08:20 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,696,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lacey3eb View Post
I know people have different opinions about it, but I'm more interested in the information I'm looking for rather than opinions. I'm a new pet owner and I've seen people with pets on patios around Charlotte, but I just don't remember where.
Please share this information, as I'd like to know places to avoid. I love animals (more than most people actually) but being at a restaurant with pets around ranks about a half step up the ladder from being in a restaurant with ill-mannered children.

lacey3eb - you're a new pet owner? I've seen posts from you about pet-sitters quite some time ago.

Old 06-30-2010, 08:24 PM

Yeah, he's not my first pet ever, but first pet in a couple years. My last dog, who now lives with my ex, was very anti-social and could not handle big social situations. My new pup is super mellow and so sweet.

Open patio does seem like a good guideline. I do have opinions about this, but I don't care to go into it, just looking for info from other dog lovers that take there dogs out and about. No worries, you won't see me walking my dog at Harrist Teeter or Home Depot, just outdoor places!

Old 07-01-2010, 12:22 AM

1,013 posts, read 2,983,549 times
I have zero problem with this, as long as it's not a flea ridden junkyard dog and it's well mannered. We are talking about patio area, not inside the establishment.

OP, I cannot be of any help with your question. Sorry.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:59 AM

28 posts, read 73,779 times
I would also be interested in this information because I took my small dog lots of places in Austin, TX but I haven't asked around much here yet. I ate lunch at Angry Ale's (bar/pub) the other day and they have a gate that specifically says to bring your "four legged friends through here". I haven't brought my dog there but it appears to be allowed. It's not exactly gourmet food but it's not bad for a bar if you want to watch the game.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graciebaby View Post
I would also be interested in this information because I took my small dog lots of places in Austin, TX but I haven't asked around much here yet. I ate lunch at Angry Ale's (bar/pub) the other day and they have a gate that specifically says to bring your "four legged friends through here". I haven't brought my dog there but it appears to be allowed. It's not exactly gourmet food but it's not bad for a bar if you want to watch the game.
Great suggestion, thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte