Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 06:15 AM

457 posts, read 1,371,922 times

Advertisements

Have to agree with bs13690 on the Pasta and Provisions recommendation. They have some great aged cheeses, provolone, parmagiana reggiano, fresh made pastas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 07:51 AM

457 posts, read 1,173,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxdiva View Post
I know you can buy the normal sliced crap provolone at any grocery store. I'm looking for the good stuff.
No, no, no, provolone from the supermarket is processed cheese. What Rxdiva is talking about is 180% different. The last time I bought it was from my favorite Italian market on Arthur Ave in The Bronx. I gave some to a 90 year old man who asked me to pick some up. He was sooo happy. The next Christmas he wasn't around anymore. TMI, I know, but anyway they have some of the best quality goods around anywhere. The guys's even been on Food Network. Here's the website for ordering in general http://www.arthuravenue.com/ & specifically their cheeses PROVOLONE - CHEESES

Old 12-05-2009, 09:02 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,851,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessPie View Post
No, no, no, provolone from the supermarket is processed cheese. What Rxdiva is talking about is 180% different. The last time I bought it was from my favorite Italian market on Arthur Ave in The Bronx. I gave some to a 90 year old man who asked me to pick some up. He was sooo happy. The next Christmas he wasn't around anymore. TMI, I know, but anyway they have some of the best quality goods around anywhere. The guys's even been on Food Network. Here's the website for ordering in general Arthur Avenue Deli Store - Authentic Italian Deli - Little Italy - The Bronx - New York, NY & specifically their cheeses PROVOLONE - CHEESES
I never buy sliced supermarket cheese unless I buy the fat free cheddar for sandwiches. Nevertheless, I do buy cheese in the supermarket including Provolone. It is imported from Europe as is my Stilton, Edam, Asiago, parmesan, and others. And, they are available at Harris Teeter and Fresh Market where I shop. I never have a need to purchase large cheese wheels so I don't go to specialty shops. You reference for Arthur Ave Deli Store seems like a good source for sending gifts. I will keep it on file. I am sure that their volumn of business will make them cheaper for shipping than local places.

Last edited by vindaloo; 12-05-2009 at 09:21 AM..

Old 12-05-2009, 09:20 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,851,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxdiva View Post
I know you can buy the normal sliced crap provolone at any grocery store. I'm looking for the good stuff.
Who buys "sliced crap"? Look at the other cheese counter and buy the unsliced.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:53 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,518,443 times
Since it is not open, I can't comment on the quality or selection but there is a new one going in at Potter's Square in Stallings. They said they will be open in a week or so. It is on Potter's Road in the same plaza as Dollar General.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:20 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,354,109 times
I think Ferrucci's is the best in the area but if I don't have time to go all the way up there, Dean & Deluca has pretty much everything I'm looking for.

Old 12-23-2009, 12:31 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,518,443 times
Link to Ferrucci's for those who are interested: Ferrucci's

Old 01-29-2010, 03:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,220 times
Derados italian market actually has a sharp provalone cheese they call stinky feet and sell mortadella as well. Oh and the bread is amazing!!! [url=http://www.derados.com]Derado's | Welcome[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte