U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2009, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,053 times

Advertisements

Can someone please help??? My wife and I are seriously considering moving into the Gastonia/Belmont area, but need help on exactly where to live. We desire a nice neihborhood with nice parks and a nice downtown area. Willing to travel in a 20 minute radius. Where is best? Belmont? Kings Mountain? South Carolina? Please help. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2009, 04:21 PM

Location: near downtown Greenville, SC (viewing the sunset vicariously at the North Gulf Shore Beach Access)
1,899 posts, read 3,727,831 times
Gaston county is not considered part of western NC (please see this map: Western North Carolina - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I suggest asking similar questions in the Charlotte sub-forum (http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/) or the York/Lancaster County (SC) sub-forum (http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/).

Old 12-13-2009, 04:33 PM

1,920 posts, read 4,348,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark&wend View Post
Can someone please help??? My wife and I are seriously considering moving into the Gastonia/Belmont area, but need help on exactly where to live. We desire a nice neihborhood with nice parks and a nice downtown area. Willing to travel in a 20 minute radius. Where is best? Belmont? Kings Mountain? South Carolina? Please help. Thanks.
Belmont and King's Mt. are both nice areas...Belmont's downtown is much more inviting IMO....

http://www.city-data.com/city/Belmon...-Carolina.html
http://www.city-data.com/city/Kings-...-Carolina.html

You may also want to check out Lowell...

http://www.city-data.com/city/Lowell...-Carolina.html

Old 12-13-2009, 07:09 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,560,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark&wend View Post
I think Belmont is awesome. It's quaint, but yet close to everything you need, including being one of the shortest commutes to uptown Charlotte (if that's important). Notsure what you mean by a "20 minute radius" - 20 minutes to WHAT, your job or uptown Charlotte??

Kings Mountain is also a nice quiet place to live - more rural, which is what I prefer anyway. But if you have to depend on going to Charlotte for a job this will be a much longer commute.

Many people enjoy living just over the SC border in Fort Mill or Clover.

You didn't give a price range or say whether or not schools are important - that would give people a better idea on suggestions to make

Old 12-20-2009, 08:27 AM

116 posts, read 253,771 times
Personally, I'd choose Belmont. There are parts of Gastonia that are pretty run down with increased crime.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:31 AM

1,920 posts, read 4,348,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Ignatowski View Post
Personally, I'd choose Belmont. There are parts of Gastonia that are pretty run down with increased crime.
That's true....of course it's true of anywhere you live....but Belmont is nice.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:21 PM

21,985 posts, read 27,281,008 times
I live in the city of Kings Mountain.

It's a nice quiet place with the amenities that you would expect. However, if you live in Kings Mountain, outside of the city, it can get rural fairly fast.

The schools in Kings Mountain are good.

The downtown area has quite a few empty storefronts, but several are being remodeled & reopened. Just like most of the towns in this area, Kings Mountain was hit badly by all of the mill closures.

I would not hesitate to take a job in Charlotte, but I would be cautious as to which part of Charlotte. Some areas can be a 35-40 min drive in rush hour, but it could be a prohibitive drive.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:08 PM

441 posts, read 1,070,737 times
Default Belmont

I can't be of much help, in that I can only tell you that I hear more good things about Belmont than Gastonia, Kings Mountain, etc.

T
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte