U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 07:32 PM

7,437 posts, read 6,710,250 times

Advertisements

Bank of America names retail banking head Brian Moynihan as new CEO effective Jan. 1.

Just got this in a breaking news email.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
am2

413 posts, read 517,586 times
I heard. The B of A spokesman says that the his office will be in CLT and the bank will remain headquartered here.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:41 PM

2,696 posts, read 4,219,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by am2 View Post
I heard. The B of A spokesman says that the his office will be in CLT and the bank will remain headquartered here.
And that will be the least used CEO office in all the history of CEO offices, LOL!!! No seriously, this is good news, but as I've said in other threads, at the end of the day it really wouldn't have mattered if the headquarters moved. What's important are the jobs, and the bulk of those will stay in Charlotte regardless of where the bank gets its mail. But this is good to hear

Old 12-16-2009, 07:49 PM

7,042 posts, read 8,923,817 times
Too bad they didn't go with Bob Kelley

Old 12-16-2009, 07:52 PM

4,010 posts, read 5,975,651 times
There was already speculation on the news a few days ago by the pundits that if they picked him or one of the other insiders, it was because they couldn't get anyone else and it would be more like interim CEO.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:54 PM

35,568 posts, read 43,752,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
And that will be the least used CEO office in all the history of CEO offices, LOL!!! No seriously, this is good news, but as I've said in other threads, at the end of the day it really wouldn't have mattered if the headquarters moved. What's important are the jobs, and the bulk of those will stay in Charlotte regardless of where the bank gets its mail. But this is good to hear
You called that one right . . . I have only had concern for the jobs, too and felt they would not be uprooting all those folks or dumping people to relocate the headquarters.

Of course, corporations often don't rock the boat when announcements are first made . . . they wait 18 to 24 or more months to make any other big changes. However, again, as long as the majority of jobs remain . . . who cares if the headquarters is here or not (well, economic development people care, I suppose, and it seems Charlotte leaders have their egos all wrapped up in having CLT designated as a major banking center, etc. etc).

In any case . . . hope this works out well for all the BofA employees and for Charlotte, as BofA's "host city."

Old 12-16-2009, 08:50 PM

1,852 posts, read 3,403,766 times
I think this will work, and I have a feeling, there may even be something in his contract about working more in Charlotte.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:52 AM

415 posts, read 678,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post
I think this will work, and I have a feeling, there may even be something in his contract about working more in Charlotte.
Me to I recieved some inside information saying that the man was from Boston and that orginally he had plans of moving HQ's to Boston but I am not sure if this happens to be a coencidence or this is the real deal, but in the confrence he said that he was going to keep HQ's in Charlotte and that he would relocate to Charlotte himself.

Either way I just hope that what he said is true.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:06 AM

1,504 posts, read 1,829,448 times
CEO can continue to live in Boston but commute daily or weekly. Lots of people do it who have fewer $$ resources or reasons. He could even have 2 homes: one here and one in Boston.

Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 AM

370 posts, read 449,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whytewulf View Post

I agree, in fact I would bet on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte