Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:16 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,629,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd4949 View Post
I have read many posts about Charlotte prices on the rise? How much have prices in close-in suburbs gone up recently? How about farther out from city center 30-45 minutes?

I guess my concern with Charlotte:
the banking and construction industries are due for some of their biggest corrections ever.

sounds like lots of people are moving here with no jobs, this could further depress wages

traffic is going be every worsening and gas prices on the rise, this will hit the farther out areas

What do you think? How many jobs are really here outside of contruction and banking? I think long term NC is good, but I believe forclosures have risen drastically in some areas, including some cheaper areas around Charlotte. I see price drops nationally back to 2003 levels over the next 5-10 years.
I am not quite sure you're asking a question, stating facts, or offering an opinion. As this is your first post perhaps it would help a bit,if at a minimum, you would give us your background and how you come to your economic predictions.

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 12:39 PM

422 posts, read 1,360,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
I am not quite sure you're asking a question, stating facts, or offering an opinion. As this is your first post perhaps it would help a bit,if at a minimum, you would give us your background and how you come to your economic predictions.

TIA
FYI folks... this post is 2 years old.......

Old 11-09-2008, 03:58 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,629,542 times
Default I'm asleep at the switch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post
FYI folks... this post is 2 years old.......
Whoops. Thanks for the heads up before I wasted time playing with a guy that never came back anyway. Never did like the guy and I didn't even know him.
LOL
je

Old 12-01-2012, 09:25 AM

4 posts, read 4,821 times
Talking Don't like me huh?

How do you like my predictions now...

My background?!? LOL - I guess I am not as educated as all the financial analysts that predicted housing prices would never fall back in late 2006/early 2007... How do you like the great recession now? Caused by....(wait for it) the collapse of the banking industry.

And gas prices? "Gas prices have soared this year, making 2012 the most expensive year ever for gas nationally, according to a press release by Gasbuddy."

Try not to hate the truth tellers.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 AM

3,364 posts, read 9,979,674 times
So you came back after 5 years just, for only your 2nd post just to f & u.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 AM

4 posts, read 4,821 times
LOL, ok guy. I guess you didn't read the posts from pink caddy. If you senior members want to go around hating on people who end up being RIGHT and who were never trying to offend anyone in the first place, then YES expect to be called out. And no, I didn't come back just to post that. I just happened to read it when I came back for other reasons. Go figure, it's forum where you can track threads from the past...

Treat kindness with kindness and evil with justice.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:06 AM

3,364 posts, read 9,979,674 times
Quote:
LOL, ok guy. I guess you didn't read the posts from pink caddy. If you senior members want to go around hating on people who end up being RIGHT and who were never trying to offend anyone in the first place, then YES expect to be called out. And no, I didn't come back just to post that. I just happened to read it when I came back for other reasons. Go figure, it's forum where you can track threads from the past...

Treat kindness with kindness and evil with justice.
Hey fair enough.

Well in that case then as your first post appears to be relatively accurate, any other thoughts that you would care to share?

Old 12-01-2012, 10:18 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,934,257 times
Quote:
How do you like my predictions now...

I wasn't here when you made those predictions but you hit the nail right on the head. You beat 99% of the trained economists (a pseudo science anyway) out there.

Your naysayers were proven wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte