Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2009, 05:51 PM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
what do you guys think of this idea if posts become totally off topic instead of deleting the off topic posts but move that post and all relating to that post to its own thread and dm the op that is what happened?
On paper looks good but: OP says"Unemployment benes going to 4 years"
Responder" Get a job you worthless individual"

New thread: Get a job and don't collect.
Responder: I try everyday and can't get one.

New thread: Jobs are hard to get and I need benefits.
Responder: You can get 2 or 3 years of benes.

Enter OP from 2 months back: HEY! that's what I said!

Sunny, sounds like you need to break out MORE popcorn. lol

Old 12-28-2009, 06:35 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
what do you guys think of this idea if posts become totally off topic instead of deleting the off topic posts but move that post and all relating to that post to its own thread and dm the op that is what happened?
I also think that this is a good idea.

Sunny, you have always been very fair, IMHO. Not too strict, not too easy.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:18 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
visit this non moderated or limited moderated forum for a day

charlotte forums - craigslist
and compare the forum.

city-data is a place you can feel comfortable with your mom or grand mom viewing over your shoulder.
city-data is a place where your children can come here ask questions comfortably about a future city they may be moving to.
City-Data is mainly a relocation forum and not a debate forum.

City-data does provide forums for debating

Great Debates

Politics and Other Controversies

Illegal Immigration

Elections

Religion and Philosophy

Atheism and Agnosticism

Christianity

these forums are moderated different than the state forums and are moderated very loosely.
You better be on top of your game if you can think you can win your argument

Old 12-29-2009, 04:50 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clavoski View Post
I feel the moderating is overdone on the more heavily loaded subjects than on the lighter ones. You can be as off topic as your heart pleases as long as you dont step on anyone's toes. I feel the moderating here is oppressive and feel these boards are extremely inane and bland, reason i dont stop by here often anymore.
Happy New Year to you, we missed you and hope you return real soon.

Your Pal,
P.C.

Old 12-29-2009, 06:10 PM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
I want to be able to swear

Wel,l not swear so much, but post pictures that have swear words in the captions. I have some good ones! LOL

Old 12-29-2009, 06:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
I want to be able to swear

Wel,l not swear so much, but post pictures that have swear words in the captions. I have some good ones! LOL
make sure it comes from photobucket or some other similar site. Long as the image isnt copyrighted then it's ok.
Sometimesphotos speak better than words
I'm no way changing the tos which I base my moderating from. Just how I handle those who seem not to grasp it
http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss301/XnymphetabackgroundsX/Graphics/throomba.gif (broken link)

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-29-2009 at 06:27 PM..

Old 12-29-2009, 06:55 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,206,729 times
OK I can't help it as I saw this just this week. Here is an off topic video for this off topic, topic, inspired by the cat on the roomba. What a cat does ones he learns to drive one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--FyndryTFo&NR=1

Back on topic, I appreciate you asking about this. I don't really have any complaints with the forum at all and the moderation.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:13 PM

231 posts, read 576,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
OK I can't help it as I saw this just this week. Here is an off topic video for this off topic, topic, inspired by the cat on the roomba. What a cat does ones he learns to drive one.

Back on topic, I appreciate you asking about this. I don't really have any complaints with the forum at all and the moderation.

This video was hilarious!

Old 12-30-2009, 10:05 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,218,076 times
A little late to the game, but in general I think the moderating has been fair. I like the idea of splitting if need be. I think they key is there are two types of topics, factual and opinion. I.E. if someone is asking for facts about something, it should stick pretty much to the topic, especially related to relocating. However, if someone is bringing up an opinions topic, such as "your thoughts on the following" a little more expansion on the topic is ok. As someone before used the tree anology, see where they are heading if they are driving off in a completley new topic, then split or aquit.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:23 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,547,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post

OMG Lumbollo that video ROCKS! Hahah!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: