Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 07:34 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by melkat View Post
A mom was robbed at gunpoint in her driveway in the villages of Rosedale yesterday..just wanted to give everyone a heads up and a reminder to be safe

Does it say somewhere in the news?

Last edited by sheena; 05-23-2007 at 08:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 PM

254 posts, read 1,057,870 times
it *is* the village of Rosedale..just verified that. The one behind the plaza must be called something else..this one is the neighborhood right next to Torrence Creek Elementary School

Old 05-23-2007, 08:24 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,294 times
Default Oh gosh!

Isn't Huntersville a nice neighborhood or no?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:27 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJPost32 View Post
Isn't Huntersville a nice neighborhood or no?

I guess it's suppose to be, but no area anywhere I don't care where it is nothing is immune to crime. We just have to be on the lookout always.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:04 PM

297 posts, read 1,141,376 times
Sorry to hear this. Charlotte crime has taken a huge jump since I moved hear some time ago. It is possible to hear gun shots in any part of Charlotte at anytime now. The city has numerous shotings every day. Hit and run is becoming very common has are buglaries. I hope things improve but do not expect any changes in the near future. So as someone said earlier do not put yourself in challenging positions, lock your doors and keep your wits about you.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:03 AM

543 posts, read 1,825,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melkat View Post
A mom was robbed at gunpoint in her driveway in the villages of Rosedale yesterday..just wanted to give everyone a heads up and a reminder to be safe
I live in Rosedale and what I find odd about this story is that I've heard two different versions so far in one day.

I work at home and look out my front window all day long but saw no police cars at all yesterday. Torrence creek usually gets locked down if something happens in the near by shopping center, but there was no lockdown yesterday when a man with a gun was within 1 block.

The stories I'v heard so far:

Story 1:
Woman was coming back from dropping off her child at school and was robbed in her driveway.

Story 2:
Woman was harrassed by a man at the grocery store and then followed home and robbed.

The name and street have also changed twice so far.

Did it really happen or just rumors? Anyone have any first-hand info?

Old 05-24-2007, 07:18 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,913,736 times
To the PP, Huntersville is an excellent place to live with little crime.

And I am with MarkH-- the school would have gone on lockdown if something had gone down with a man and a gun. Fishy.

Just be aware of surroundings anywhere you are, everyone!

Old 05-24-2007, 07:19 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh View Post
I live in Rosedale and what I find odd about this story is that I've heard two different versions so far in one day.

I work at home and look out my front window all day long but saw no police cars at all yesterday. Torrence creek usually gets locked down if something happens in the near by shopping center, but there was no lockdown yesterday when a man with a guns was within 1 block.

The stories I'v heard so far:

Story 1:
Woman was coming back from dropping off her child at school and was robbed in her driveway.

Story 2:
Woman was harrassed by a man at the grocery store and then followed home and robbed.

The name and street have also changed twice so far.

Did it really happen or just rumors? Anyone have any first-hand info?
Im sure u can call the Huntersville police to validate it and just say you LIVE in the neighborhood...im sure they will tell you something

Old 05-24-2007, 07:21 AM

39 posts, read 178,789 times
I hate to say this but Charlotte is not the only city where things like this are happening. This happens in any city USA. We live in a very safe area of South Florida (Weston) which compares very well to Ballantyne and you still hear about things happening in the surrounding areas. Our family does not venture into these red zones either in Miami or the Ft. Lauderdale area, but we know we have to be careful wherever we go.

We are moving to Ballantyne in a few weeks and we are very excited about it. Reading these types of post scares the heck out of us and all the sensationalism of the local news does not necessarily help, but we know better.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:22 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,834,554 times
I'll call the brother in law he is a Huntersville cop and I will report back...

More news at 11.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte