U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-08-2010, 10:32 AM

2 posts, read 1,347 times
Question Thinking of relocating from Chicago area

I'm a 27 AA single female with no kids thinking about relocating from chicago,Il. to the North Carolina area. Finding a job wont be a problem because I will be empolyed with the Department of The Treasury. I'm looking for a safe place to live nothing cheap but not expensive either. I like to travel so being semi close to an airport would be nice. I would love to attend Basketball and football games and run so being in a close area around those would be great. I should not have any problems finding an Apostolic Faith church but your intake on locations would be good to read. I don't club, drink or smoke so I don't need any refereneces to that. I'm just looking for a changed to be honest I grew up in a big city my whole life and traveled with the nacy so I would love to be in a diverse place with potential of meeting a great man.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 02:26 PM

44,360 posts, read 54,849,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjay7 View Post
I'm a 27 AA single female with no kids thinking about relocating from chicago,Il. to the North Carolina area. Finding a job wont be a problem because I will be empolyed with the Department of The Treasury. I'm looking for a safe place to live nothing cheap but not expensive either. I like to travel so being semi close to an airport would be nice. I would love to attend Basketball and football games and run so being in a close area around those would be great. I should not have any problems finding an Apostolic Faith church but your intake on locations would be good to read. I don't club, drink or smoke so I don't need any refereneces to that. I'm just looking for a changed to be honest I grew up in a big city my whole life and traveled with the nacy so I would love to be in a diverse place with potential of meeting a great man.

Thanks
You need to define "not expensive" - as we have no clue how much you think you could afford for housing otherwise

Old 01-08-2010, 03:38 PM

15 posts, read 15,521 times
If you like to travel, you're in luck! Although not as big as O'Hare, Charlotte's airport is fairly big, and it's International, so hopefully less connections! If you live on the northern side of Charlotte, not only will you be close to the airport but you will be close to Uptown, which is where the Bobcats and Panthers play, as well as UNCC bball. In this market, you can find less expensive housing in lots of different areas.. depending on what you consider "expensive." I have a feeling that coming from Chicago, you will like the prices down here

Old 01-08-2010, 08:30 PM

7,042 posts, read 8,661,186 times
You probably would like being downtown. ---or, uptown as they say here. It is probably closer to being like Schaumburg or something than the city, but, it would be in the middle of things, around lots of others in your age group which, of course would heighten the chances of meeting someone nice!

The prices would be comparable to living in one of the trendy areas in the city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte