Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 08:25 AM

29 posts, read 99,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
HAHA, good post. That neighborhood is bordering Cabarrus County off of Mallard Creek-- hardly ghetto. New poster, new inaccurate posts for us all to laugh at.

yea i know...i live up in that area by concord mills...we looked at a house in HM and to be honest...i didnt feel safe in the neighborhood. the road its on has run down houses on it and HM didnt look that safe either compared to other neighborhoods in the mallard creek area.

Not to mention...this is an Eastwood Homes neighborhood...which if you look at the forecloser maps their neighborhoods have a higher than normal forecloser rate...along with Beazer, Eastwood is one of the worst in the Charlotte area.

not sure what being a new poster has to do with me knowing the area.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2007, 09:09 AM

367 posts, read 1,025,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC2 View Post
Excellent post. I fail to see how the OP was "done wrong." The OP didn't get her money to the lessor on time so she may lose the place. It happens all the time. I guess it is easier for the OP to blame someone else than to admit that she screwed up.
The OP is a he, not a she, and I didn't screw up. I did exactly what I was suppose to do. Frankly the real estate business is a crooked game to begin with, backed by powerful lobbyist to keep reform from happening. Its a profession where folks without any real marketable skills can get a ludicrously high paying job for doing practically nothing. Real Estate professionals, what a joke!

Last edited by sstarrx3; 05-24-2007 at 09:19 AM..

Old 05-24-2007, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving to SW Charlotte View Post
yea i know...i live up in that area by concord mills...we looked at a house in HM and to be honest...i didnt feel safe in the neighborhood. the road its on has run down houses on it and HM didnt look that safe either compared to other neighborhoods in the mallard creek area.

Not to mention...this is an Eastwood Homes neighborhood...which if you look at the forecloser maps their neighborhoods have a higher than normal forecloser rate...along with Beazer, Eastwood is one of the worst in the Charlotte area.

not sure what being a new poster has to do with me knowing the area.....

What makes a neighborhood look safe? Seeing only white faces? As far as foreclosures, you can blame the banking industry on that! They let folks get into loans that they cannot pay back. News flash, just cause someone doesn't make a mint and try to do get their piece of the American dream, when someone lures them in with loans and promises doesn't make them bad people. Having foreclosed homes in a neighborhood doesn't make it unsafe! It just means that neighborhood was in the price range to lure banks a buyers, even if they really didn't have adequate jobs to pay for it.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:22 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,810,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
The OP is a he, not a she, and I didn't screw up. I did exactly what I was suppose to do. Frankly the real estate business is a crooked game to begin with, backed by powerful lobbyist to keep reform from happening. Its a profession where folks without any real marketable skills can get a ludicrously high paying job for doing practically nothing. Real Estate professionals, what a joke!

Is you last comment really necessary? I do not think so. I would have given you the benefit of the doubt.

Again lets blame ALL Realtors for one problem. Geeze!

I hope it works out for you.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Sorry for not knowing your gender. I agree with you that real estate "professional" is a contradiction in terms. Many of these folks would be selling used cars if not for the real estate boom. I still fail to see how this is the lessor's fault and not your own. You have no reason whatsoever to be upset with the lessor.

...again we are scum and have no clue. I wonder how we do it. What is it Sir that you do for a living?

Old 05-24-2007, 09:34 AM

Well lets be careful with the "assumptions" then. I could easily say anyone with Turbo Tax can do what you do but since I do not know you would it be fair? No. That is all I am getting at!

Old 05-24-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
...again we are scum and have no clue. I wonder how we do it. What is it Sir that you do for a living?
I apologize, I guess I was typing out of anger. It is wrong to generalize an entire profession because I am mad at one. I do think they are overpaid and home sellers are being raped at 6% commision. I am a Clinical Systems Analyst.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:42 AM

Quote:
It wouldn't be fair because I am a financial statement auditor and not a tax accountant.

Say whatever you want about tax accountants. I agree that most low level tax prep work can be performed by turbo tax. Even higher level tax prep work is being offshored these days.
Exactly! That is my point. Just because the Realtor the OP is working with will not give them the benefit of the doubt does not mean we are all that way...

...I'm off my soap box now you helped me prove my point (I think)

Old 05-24-2007, 09:48 AM

Listen to what this "Real Estate Professional" is trying to pull now. I got an email that they were going to go pick up my check at the PO. This house was listed and still is as a 6 month rental.
"did you say yesterday that you wanted a 6 month lease? Our owner would definitely prefer to rent for a year because the time that you would vacate would be a hard time for him to find a tenant - the winter, Christmas time, is bad for movers. This time of the year is great for moving. Are you interested in a year lease? We are on the way to the P.O. and will pick up your package. If you are not interested in a year lease, I will return your check to you promptly.

They were happy to lease to me until they found someone that was wanting to lease for a year, I am sure they do not have their deposit yet or she would not be offering me the year lease now. This is the crooked garbage I was speaking of.

Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 AM

509 posts, read 1,797,209 times
Quote:
I think that you're just seeing what you want to see in my comments.

I wish that just once a real estate agent would step up and admit that there are widespread, serious ethical problems among practitioners in the industry.
funny, i didn't see auditors running to do that in the wake of massive accounting scandals that cost people their entire life savings (Enron, WorldCom...), rather than a house.

And no, I'm not a realtor. I just think this is a ridiculous discussion to tar everyone in any industry with one brush.

As for the OP, seems like he would be better off with an agent working for him, rather than the leasing agent.

GT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte