Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 03:13 PM

367 posts, read 1,028,877 times

Advertisements

I just need to vent! I finally found a nice house with a 6 month lease in Hatties Meadow. The leasing agent is at "Exit Hall of Fame Realty" I went to the bank yesterday, bought a $700 Certified Check, went to the post office and sent it along with my application to real estate company and told them it would be there today. Well good ole USPS failed me again and it didn't get it there. The agent told me she had to show the house a 5:30 PM and if the lady gave her $700 it would be hers. I even gave them the check number and USPS tracking number so they could see that it was enroute. I am in Portland Oregon, I can't just pop on over and hand it to her, nor do I have control over USPS living up to their promises. I hope this isn't the norm for doing business in Charlotte! It is really hard to find a 6 month lease on homes there, so I really needed this one. I will know in the morning if I got hosed or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 03:25 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,912,051 times
Update us then. Sorry, some people stink.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:30 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
I'm sorry you have had to go through such frustration, and I can understand.

USPS isn't as dependable anymore as it used to be. I sent a certified piece of mail out of Wake Forest (x-rays to an ins co). Certified mail carries a tracking number, but guess what? The mail went out of the Wakefield sub-station, and when I tried to trace it I found out they don't scan the mail before it leaves there. All the mail goes to Raleigh and never gets scanned at all. My beef with that is that if the substation has no scanning capability, then they shouldn't accept mail that needs to be tracked. I basically paid high price for nothing. I said, "what if it got lost, and I had to locate it?" The clerk shrugged and said, "you can't, without the tracking number being scanned." Duh. Ya think?

The ins. co. hadn't received the x-rays the dentist had sent twice before via regular mail, so they could easily not have received these either. Fortunately, they did get there, and the claim was approved. Ten more days and the appeal process would have been closed.

Maybe if the USPS didn't handle so much pure junk mail, they could do a better job with the stuff we really do want going through. (Sorry, also venting )

By the way, if you sent that by overnight mail, you should at least get your money back from the USPS. They guarantee overnight mail or its free (some zip codes are two day, not overnight, but they should have told you that, so be sure to ask for a refund.

Let us know if you got the apt. after all that.

Last edited by swbtoo; 05-23-2007 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: line

Old 05-23-2007, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I'm sorry you have had to go through such frustration, and I can understand.

USPS isn't as dependable anymore as it used to be. I sent a certified piece of mail out of Wake Forest (x-rays to an ins co). Certified mail carries a tracking number, but guess what? The mail went out of the Wakefield sub-station, and when I tried to trace it I found out they don't scan the mail before it leaves there. All the mail goes to Raleigh and never gets scanned at all. My beef with that is that if the substation has no scanning capability, then they shouldn't accept mail that needs to be tracked. I basically paid high price for nothing. I said, "what if it got lost, and I had to locate it?" The clerk shrugged and said, "you can't, without the tracking number being scanned." Duh. Ya think?

The ins. co. hadn't received the x-rays the dentist had sent twice before via regular mail, so they could easily not have received these either. Fortunately, they did get there, and the claim was approved. Ten more days and the appeal process would have been closed.

Maybe if the USPS didn't handle so much pure junk mail, they could do a better job with the stuff we really do want going through. (Sorry, also venting )

By the way, if you sent that by overnight mail, you should at least get your money back from the USPS. They guarantee overnight mail or its free (some zip codes are two day, not overnight, but they should have told you that, so be sure to ask for a refund.

Let us know if you got the apt. after all that.
Yes,, I will let you know, the typing may be RED! It was express mail, and clearly states on my receipt that it would be delivered the next day by 3:00 pm. I will be getting the postage back. $16.25 for a 1.5 oz letter, for what?

Old 05-23-2007, 04:45 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,339,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstarrx3 View Post
............I am in Portland Oregon, I can't just pop on over and hand it to her, nor do I have control over USPS living up to their promises. I hope this isn't the norm for doing business in Charlotte! It is really hard to find a 6 month lease on homes there, so I really needed this one. I will know in the morning if I got hosed or not.
So how is it the realtor's fault if you don't get the house? You didn't have a lease application on file. Several major banks do wire transfers and FedEx and UPS do guaranteed overnight express delivery as well as USPS. For what it's worth, unless the realtor had some agreement with you to wait, I don't think it's the realtor's fault for going with the person with $$ in hand.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:04 PM

29 posts, read 99,360 times
Probably a good thing....HM is the ghetto.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
So how is it the realtor's fault if you don't get the house? You didn't have a lease application on file. Several major banks do wire transfers and FedEx and UPS do guaranteed overnight express delivery as well as USPS. For what it's worth, unless the realtor had some agreement with you to wait, I don't think it's the realtor's fault for going with the person with $$ in hand.

Well, when someone goes through the effort of getting a certified check, send it over night delivery, letting the folks know its coming. I offered to go to Western Union since my check didn't get there overnight like it was suppose to. I just thnk its crappy for someone to do that. Hopefully all folks in Charlotte are not so bogus.

Old 05-23-2007, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving to SW Charlotte View Post
Probably a good thing....HM is the ghetto.
Why is it a ghetto? Last time I checked ghettos didn't have 2500 sq foot homes that are leased for $1375 a month. Do you refer to any neighborhood thats diverse a ghetto? If so I hope you don't live in Charlotte and if you do I hope there aren't too many folks like you.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:30 AM

HAHA, good post. That neighborhood is bordering Cabarrus County off of Mallard Creek-- hardly ghetto. New poster, new inaccurate posts for us all to laugh at.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:54 AM

The OP DID NOT SCREW UP. The post office did, AND is giving the OP money back for the postage.

It's about professional courtesy. I did property management, and if I had the same situation arise I would have given the letter with the check time to arrive and shown the place to someone 24 hours later if the check did not arrive. Why is this so hard for people to grasp?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte