Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 10:43 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,021,816 times

Advertisements

I thought that "exclusive" listings were a thing of the past, but wanted to confirm how things are being done in the Charlotte area nowadays...

Besides aesthetics, minor additional info, and features on the web sites - do all SALES and RENTALS of homes get listed on Carolina MLS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 10:50 AM

339 posts, read 715,331 times
I know all sales are there if the sales are entered on the MLS. If someone does a for sale by owner and they do not enlist an agent that is a member of the MLS, it will not be there. I'm not sure about the rentals.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:54 AM

314 posts, read 486,088 times
I have ran into 2 short sales that for some reason were not on the MLS system. Couldn't really understand that one unless the sellers were trying not to pay commission to a listing agent.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:15 AM

3 posts, read 4,079 times
As megan722 stated FSBOs are not listed in the Carolina Multiple Listing Services (CMLS). In addition, properties listed with real estate agents that are not Realtor® or CMLS members are not listed. Also, there are other exceptions that apply to CMLS members, like: 1)Withholding the listing at the seller's request. 2) Outside of the official service area. 3) Seller not willing to compensate buyer's agent. 4) All exclusive agency listings and all rentals are optional.

One note: CarolinaHome.com and CMLS are not one-in-the-same. CarolinaHome only contains listings authorized for sharing online through the Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program. Carolinahome, and any brokerage site, may only display a subset of all listings available in CMLS (it's about 98%, but nonetheless a subset). MLS is not a public utility, it's a member service.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:40 AM

23,812 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I thought that "exclusive" listings were a thing of the past, but wanted to confirm how things are being done in the Charlotte area nowadays...

Besides aesthetics, minor additional info, and features on the web sites - do all SALES and RENTALS of homes get listed on Carolina MLS?
I know that there are 2 MLS listing services to the west of Charlotte. A realtor could tell you about the other directions.

I used Yahoo Realestate & Realtor.com & between them it seemed to pick up both listing services & occasionally I found listings by banks & other institutions for foreclosures. Most of the foreclosures are on a subscription service.

If you need a realtor, I will DM mine. She worked with me out of her normal area & did a wonderful job.

Old 01-25-2010, 12:09 PM

3 posts, read 4,079 times
Other (smaller) MLSs in Hickory, Cleveland County, Rock Hill, Salisbury,

Old 01-25-2010, 01:47 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,628,289 times
If the agent pays to be a part of that service, then they are listed.

Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 PM

1,508 posts, read 2,976,917 times
CarolinaHome was better when it listed the exact square footage. I feel like I'm being toyed with when it says "1200 to 1400 Sq ft".

Old 01-27-2010, 05:40 AM

161 posts, read 305,079 times
I know a lot of people here in Union County (me included) have lost so much value in their homes they have given up and taken homes off the market. We have ours as a pocket listing with our Realtor. Which means if she gets a client that thinks the house will be a fit for than she calls us and shows the property to screened clients. We were getting mega showings and everytime we'd get an offer the persons financing would fall through. After 190 showings and more fall throughs than I can count we are exhausted and deflated. We have decided to just make this place a rental property.

I have seen a TON of foreclosures getting ready to hit around here...should be plenty of deals to get if you are looking in this area in the Spring/Summer. :-(

Old 01-27-2010, 08:54 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,008 times
My experience has revealed that many of the websites that allow you to search the MLS do in fact put their hand on your search results (even teh "neutral" CarolinaHomes.com, and ESPECIALLY realtor-specific websites)...meaning that featured properties and properties listed by that website's affiliated realtors always show up far ahead of anything else. And more often than not, the other properties won't even make your search results. The only way they pop up is when you enter the specific MLS number. I saw this time and time again when searching. I had a netowrk of realtor websites that I'd search and find one house on one website but not on another. The frustrating thing was when one website showed more accurate or detailed info about homes, but wasn't showing all the search results. That's when I'd get the MLS from a different website and enter it into the "good" website's MLS search.

It's a whole scheming game...and folks go to great efforts to conceal the subtle advantages given to some properties and utter hinderances given to others. I know some realtors will refute the claims I'm making here, but I saw it with my own eyes and understand that the world is fueled by money--not honesty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte