Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 08:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,312,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchief1 View Post
I would argue that, considering this is a year old thread, resurrecting it to point that out would likely do more harm than good, since it probably would have faded into obscurity like most other threads, but I did read all 4 pages, and it was interesting the extra insight you provided.
It would not fade to obscurity, every thread is automatically index into google and other search engines the way this poster stated he/she found this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2012, 08:56 AM

6,150 posts, read 9,979,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
It would not fade to obscurity, every thread is automatically index into google and other search engines the way this poster stated he/she found this thread.
Very true...

If the new poster cares as much for the property as made out here, there are countless steps to be taken to protect it.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:18 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,518,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etacarinae View Post
I don't know if you are truthful in your claim , but I agree. It is in your best interest to mind your own business. There may be snipers , or any number of ills awaiting you by going to the house , despite the fact this topic is several years old , the advice still applies.
Snipers? Man, they would've been waiting a long time by now. Their ghillie suit must be smelly by now.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:21 AM
LLN

5,265 posts, read 10,678,667 times
When did you check under your bed last? Are your doors locked? Is the phone line still working?

Old 01-17-2012, 09:54 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,518,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
It will not go gentle into that good night,
It will burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,312,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
It will not go gentle into that good night,
It will burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Do not go gentle into that good night (Dylan Thomas read by Anthony Hopkins) - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike409 View Post
Okay, so across the street from our community is what appears to be an abandon house. Or at least not lived in. It's actually really creepy. The property has a driveway that is obvious no one has driven on it in YEARS. From the road, when you look up the driveway, all you can see a small structure that looks extremely old and unkept. The property is pretty heavily wooded, so that's ALL you can see. There is a mailbox out front, at the beginning of the driveway. Across the driveway is one of those metal farm/cattle gates, partially open. That too has weeds and stuff growing on it.

Built behind this property is a newer community(Touscany)(SP). I live in Briarcrest. Since I've lived here, I've seen packs of dogs running around the property. Actually, I here them more than I see them. I've been here almost 1.5 years and have never seen anyone coming or going from the property. To live around here, driving is pretty much mandatory. It's not like your walking down to the corner store. So, all this together makes me believe no one is living in the house.

Well, I know I should not have done this, but I was very curious. I walked onto the property to check it out. I walked up to the gate in the driveway and yelled hello three times. No answer. I walked around the gate and took about five steps and again called out, with no answer. I picked up a big stick, in case the roaming dogs came along. I took a few more steps and I look to the right and there is a two story house!! The other building visible from the road, appears to be maybe a work shed. The house was in worse condition then the shed! It was at this point I got creeped out and I'm not one TO get creeped out. I called out two more times and no answer. Then, I here rustling in the woods to my left. I'm thinking it's some sort of animal. So, I'm keeping an eye out for dogs. Now, I'm just standing there looking at the house. Think of an old, unkept, dirty, creepy house, surrounded by bushes, trees and weeds. This is it! It has an old tarp covering half the roof. A front porch, half collapsing, with old old old furniture on the porch. The porch is filled with all types of basically garbage.

Now, I'm thinking should I go towards the house? I call out three more time, HELLO? On the third time, I THINK I heard "hello" back . But, I don't see anyone. It did not sound like an old guy that you would expect in a house such as this. I stand there for about five minutes and I call out again, HELLO? This time no answer. So, I start whistling like I'm looking for my dog. and I start walking back towards the end of the driveway to leave.

That's it, I walked back home. So, I started thinking when I got home. Is the person who said hello back, was that just someone walking in the woods? Someone who lives in Tuscany maybe? Was it someone in the house? Was it the owner of the property?

I realize going onto someone property is a big no no. I would have fully accepted any consequence. I fully understand what could have happened and I could be in jail or dead or both, but I did wait a whole 1.5 years before venturing.

I'm just wondering if it is an old home bound person. If I knew, I would like to help that person with food. But, I guess I'll leave it alone. Maybe, I'll ask the mailman is he knows anything. Maybe, I'll leave a bag of groceries and see if they are taken.
Since this thread is revived, did you make the venture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte