Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 04:29 PM

425 posts, read 1,570,473 times

Advertisements

My parents have been looking in the general area of NC/SC at places like Sun City Carolina Lakes in Lancaster SC and now they heard of a new development near Lake Norman that is along the same line just on a smaller scale. This new development is called Bailey's Glen . It is just in the starting stages and only a few homes are built or are in the process of being built so there are no residents to talk to. ANyone hear anything good or bad ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 04:59 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,208,979 times
I've seen this place but I don't know what it's prospects are for success. Right now there are a lot of challenges to starting a new development. You might also want to have them check out the over 55 development at Birkdale not far from there. it's a lot more established.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:45 AM

1 posts, read 6,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixinthefamily View Post
My parents have been looking in the general area of NC/SC at places like Sun City Carolina Lakes in Lancaster SC and now they heard of a new development near Lake Norman that is along the same line just on a smaller scale. This new development is called Bailey's Glen . It is just in the starting stages and only a few homes are built or are in the process of being built so there are no residents to talk to. ANyone hear anything good or bad ?
My dad is looking into moving here. He has a lot on hold, and I am doing research.
Haven't found anything negative yet regarding Bailey's Glen, but the market and economy are certainly enough reason alone to be careful. I think it will be a great community, and I like Jake (one of the owners). He seems like a straight forward no bs kinda guy.

My only concern is if the development doesn't finish, where will that leave my dad?
let me know if you've found anything. If I find out more I'll post.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:00 PM

Well my parents went ahead and signed the contract to build. We met with one the builders and he offered them too good a deal to pass up. I am hopeful about the prospects of the development, while we were there (for four hours) two other people also signed contracts so I am hoping that is a good sign. It is scarry to be among the first to build but hopefully it will show with equity sooner rather then later. Now to find good doctors in the area. Any suggestions for a general practice? My mom is diabetic and need to have a doctor in place when they move in .

Old 08-08-2010, 01:58 PM

1 posts, read 5,965 times
Hi. My parents are also looking at Bailey's Glen. We visited the model home in late July. There has been some progress -- the clubhouse has started construction. I am concerned that only a few homes have been built so far. Any new updates??

Old 08-08-2010, 03:20 PM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,633 times
six - I hope they didn't have to put up too much cash with the signed contract. That would be my big concern, losing a deposit or down payment if things don't work out.

I sent you a pm with doc rec.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:17 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,208,979 times
It would be my advice to stay away from any neighborhood just starting construction. Most likely it won't ever be finished. There is an over 55 community at Birkdale. That would be a much better choice if they are looking to be in this part of the metro.

Old 08-14-2010, 09:15 AM

1,343 posts, read 3,335,633 times
Article in today's CO, generally positive.

Active-adult community rejuvenated - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/08/13/1618760/active-adult-community-rejuvenated.html - broken link)

Old 09-05-2010, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 10,607 times
One other community to consider is Antiquity, is not a Senior community but rather an active community that offers walking trails, pool and it will have shops & restaurants like Birkdale Village in Huntersville. Definately a great place for older couple to move to and stay active. They can take the train to Charlotte (once that comes) and walk to shops, amphiteater etc. There are many older couples moving to Antiqutiy. You can walk to downtown Davidson & Cornelius. The homes offer a maintenace free product such as hardi siding were the color is built in so you don't have to worry about painting it. And the HOA cuts the grass for your plus includes phone, cable & internet bundle and pool access all for about $160/month!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBRoberts View Post
Hi. My parents are also looking at Bailey's Glen. We visited the model home in late July. There has been some progress -- the clubhouse has started construction. I am concerned that only a few homes have been built so far. Any new updates??
I realize you posted a while back. Sorry I did not see it before now. They are in and LOVE it. It has been about a year now. The pool and club house are complete and beautiful. New neighbors every day it seems. Lots of activities. Jake and the whole team up there have been great to work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte