Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:58 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times

Advertisements

Just have to tell you guys about this place! I've heard about it over the years, but never really thought of going. Last weekend my son and his girlfriend invited us to tag along with them. We all enjoyed it a lot more than we thought we would!

I would encourage any of you with kids to consider taking the drive up I85, just north of Concord, to visit this special place. You can get closer up to the animals than you can at most zoo's! Now, it's not fancy - there are no concrete sidewalks or beautiful fountains like you'd find at a zoo - it's more "rustic". But really, that is part of its charm

The folks there are dedicated to the animals, many of whom have been rescued from circus life.

They are a non-profit organization and rely on visitor admission fees to support the animals. Please consider making a visit!

Welcome to Tiger World - Our Goals

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 12:00 PM

2,224 posts, read 3,613,367 times
Looks awesome!

That fence in pic 4 looks awfully low for those Cats though.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedaddicted View Post
Looks awesome!

That fence in pic 4 looks awfully low for those Cats though.
The picture is a bit misleading - that is a fence within a fence

They also have a pair of baboons that are very entertaining, a couple of wolves, a panther, lions and monkey's

Old 01-20-2010, 12:53 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
oh cool. I envy you I was going to do it when it got warm (today would have been perfect)
It cool that I see they have more than just tigers. That peacock is beautiful.
Now I really want to go.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To help those to make this a day trip nearby is DanNicholasPark.org, Salisbury, NC - Your Best Entertainment Bargain!
I got to back the Cheerwine aquarium wasnt there 2 years ago.
Also you can wrap up your day at Welcome to the North Carolina Transportation Museum it also on your way back on 85

Old 01-20-2010, 01:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Oooo, you just gave me an idea for Valentine's Day
Go catch a Sunday matinee at Tinseltown in Salisbury of the movie Valentine's Day
then go to Tiger World then an early dinner at La Cava http://www.lacavarestaurant.com/ beat the crowd before all the couples go out for dinner

La Cava is a magnificent church turned into a restaurant
which was built in 1897. Most of the original structure
still survives and gives La Cava a wonderful atmosphere.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-20-2010 at 01:32 PM..

Old 01-20-2010, 01:31 PM

These are all great ideas Sunny!

Hope you get to do that with your pookey soon

Old 02-22-2010, 03:32 PM

248 posts, read 722,217 times
I just wanted to bump this thread again to say I went there yesterday and it was fun.

They even had tiger cubs roaming around ouside (ofcourse in a leash with the handler).. but it was fun to get close.. we waited till 5pm and the staff talked to us and showed us how they feed these cats. nice fun day not to mention the nice weather that added to the fun!

if you be-friend the club on facebook and twitter the tickets are $2 off. you just have to tell them u did so. we logged on our phones and added them as 'freinds' to get the discount immediately.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetruckguy View Post
I just wanted to bump this thread again to say I went there yesterday and it was fun.

They even had tiger cubs roaming around ouside (ofcourse in a leash with the handler).. but it was fun to get close.. we waited till 5pm and the staff talked to us and showed us how they feed these cats. nice fun day not to mention the nice weather that added to the fun!

if you be-friend the club on facebook and twitter the tickets are $2 off. you just have to tell them u did so. we logged on our phones and added them as 'freinds' to get the discount immediately.

Thanks for bumping my thread I know some people expressed that they think this kind of place is cruel to the animals on Sunny's thread - but if you go and see how much they love the animals and how much care they really give them, you won't think that. Glad you had fun!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:15 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,422 times
That looks cool. My last close encounter with a tiger ended up with the audience getting sprayed, so I have learned to keep my distance :0)

Old 02-08-2019, 08:15 AM

537 posts, read 1,768,199 times
Yes, I'm bumping a very old thread.
We are hobbyist photographers and we love to find new places to take our cameras. Last Sunday morning, we headed up to Tiger World to see what we could photograph. Admissision was $15 (+ taxes)/adult which I felt was reasonable. We found the park to be clean and the employees to be cheerful, happy, and willing to answer questions. For photography, the fencing was a challenge, but the animals looked well taken care of. Most were even active and animated.

Here is a link to my album of photos from our excursion:
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmvhfwSC

Hmmm.... looks like there won't be a preview. Here's a sneak peek:
SZP_9141_pslr5 by LakesideAnnie, on Flickr
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte