Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 05:38 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,034,663 times

Advertisements

Seriously, it's hard to get a good house!!

We have put in 3 offers on houses and none went through.
One of them was a short sale and we never heard back from the bank. The other two we were outbid. And one of them we went in OVER asking.

We're putting an offer on another house we absolutely LOVE but there are already THREE offers on it (after only a few days of being on the market).

Pray for us, because I really really want this house!

It's crazy out there!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 06:04 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,295,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
Seriously, it's hard to get a good house!!

We have put in 3 offers on houses and none went through.
One of them was a short sale and we never heard back from the bank. The other two we were outbid. And one of them we went in OVER asking.

We're putting an offer on another house we absolutely LOVE but there are already THREE offers on it (after only a few days of being on the market).

Pray for us, because I really really want this house!

It's crazy out there!!!
Yeah, the news isn't all bad for sellers, contrary to popular opinion

I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:16 PM

3,115 posts, read 7,098,012 times
There's also not a lot on the market right now. I think the problem is that people that would want to sell regularly have to compete with foreclosures and short sales. I have two neighbors who have had their homes on the market for over 8 months with not even a nibble. It all depends on the price range and amount of low priced homes in the area.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:48 PM

6,150 posts, read 9,967,565 times
Properly priced homes are selling... go figure!

Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 PM

48 posts, read 188,165 times
Where are you looking? From where I sit, prices continue to fall, and decent houses are not moving. Still overpriced IMO - maybe the sellers are not taking lower bids, I don't know. Of course location matters but looking at Charlotte in general, I would not say this is a sellers market.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:51 PM

48 posts, read 188,165 times
OK, to add to what Mikey said - if a house is priced right, it will move. This is true in any market. However, my feeling is that the majority are not priced "right", thus explaining the long time to sell houses, and the many price reductions in the city.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM

3,318 posts, read 5,523,209 times
Sheenie - First rule in getting a good deal on a home is don't fall in love!!! You have to be prepared to walk away if you can't get it for your price. Most of us think with our hearts instead of our heads.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:55 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,158,789 times
There is a foreclosure auction down the street from here this weekend. House has been for sale, rather oddly on and off for several months. No takers.

There are a lot of foreclosure auctions of property taking place in this county. Even new offices are going up like these out at NorthLake Mall.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:00 PM

6,150 posts, read 9,967,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Sheenie - First rule in getting a good deal on a home is don't fall in love!!! You have to be prepared to walk away if you can't get it for your price. Most of us think with our hearts instead of our heads.
This thread reminds me of the Property Virgins show on HGTV... It's amazing how first time buyers overpay for the silliest of things about a home. The entire tax credit thing is built to feed into this and now as we approach April (and the deadline) I'd be surprised if the numbers aren't up overall leading into the Spring. * in the lower brackets

It's definitely keeping values up, but it's artificial. Heck, if the numbers aren't up come Spring... just wow.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:13 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,295,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
Believe me, she's done that. She's been at this over a year I think. She is not afraid to walk, I know that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: