U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-12-2011, 10:32 AM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,693 posts, read 23,071,063 times
Reputation: 14332

Advertisements

Oh, I forgot one more. Join Compare Hotel Prices | Travel Reviews of Things to Do, Hotels and Travel Photos - IgoUgo and you can get points for doing travel reviews, submitting photos, etc. These points are redeemable for rewards such as Amazon gift cards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-12-2011, 10:51 AM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,004,073 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Oh, I forgot one more. Join Compare Hotel Prices | Travel Reviews of Things to Do, Hotels and Travel Photos - IgoUgo and you can get points for doing travel reviews, submitting photos, etc. These points are redeemable for rewards such as Amazon gift cards.
Glad you remembered that one, as it is my favorite of all you listed so far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 11:13 AM
 
Location: Ballantyne
214 posts, read 343,828 times
Reputation: 162
My wife found a price discrepancy (sp?) at Target. It's for a baby swing that is listed for $104.99 but rings up for $4.99. Target may be aware of this by now, but they weren't when we went in there to check it out. My wife is due Aug 30th and we saved $100 on a swing. I know it was this way all along the Eastern US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Charlotte, NC
2,352 posts, read 4,024,869 times
Reputation: 3035
Don't forget about Groupon and LivingSocial; both offer local coupons. I've gotten some great deals through them! Two movie tickets for $9; $20 worth of food at Luna's Living Kitchen for $10; a $25 gift certificate to Healthy Home Market for $12. They do have offers sometimes I would never use, but deleting the email is easy!

Restaurant.com also has some great deals! It's usually best to check at the beginning of the month, because their deals run out - but I've gotten $20 gift certificates for $3 there. Today, they have several $25 gift certificates for $15 (some for $10!) for places like LaVecchia's and Pewter Rose. You can also give the gift certificates to someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 12:58 PM
 
120 posts, read 209,226 times
Reputation: 59
Just remember you get what u pay for...these r like the people that get a good deal and then complain about it...use r never happy....why dont everybody go complain to our goverment about our gas prices...cheapooooooossssss
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,693 posts, read 23,071,063 times
Reputation: 14332
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEOPLESCHAMP View Post
Just remember you get what u pay for...these r like the people that get a good deal and then complain about it...use r never happy....why dont everybody go complain to our goverment about our gas prices...cheapooooooossssss
Thank you for you insightful post. Your contribution is greatly appreciated. It is always enoyable to engage in a spirited and intelligent discourse with such a fine writer such as yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 04:30 PM
 
8,402 posts, read 20,273,424 times
Reputation: 6774
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Don't forget about Groupon and LivingSocial; both offer local coupons. I've gotten some great deals through them! Two movie tickets for $9; $20 worth of food at Luna's Living Kitchen for $10; a $25 gift certificate to Healthy Home Market for $12. They do have offers sometimes I would never use, but deleting the email is easy!

Restaurant.com also has some great deals! It's usually best to check at the beginning of the month, because their deals run out - but I've gotten $20 gift certificates for $3 there. Today, they have several $25 gift certificates for $15 (some for $10!) for places like LaVecchia's and Pewter Rose. You can also give the gift certificates to someone else.
I get emails from all three daily, via Dailydibs.com, and have bought numerous offers from each. I look for the 80% off restaurant.com deals, so I get a $25 cert for $2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Thank you for you insightful post. Your contribution is greatly appreciated. It is always enoyable to engage in a spirited and intelligent discourse with such a fine writer such as yourself.
Shouldn't "use" in his post be spelled "youse"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-12-2011, 08:22 PM
 
3,071 posts, read 7,690,600 times
Reputation: 1622
One way to save money on washing and drying towels is to get one big towel and cut it into 3 pieces.Each one is plenty big enough to dry off after a shower so why use a giant one each time. Another trick is to buy some plastic cups and each person gets his own color. Then you wont need to keep washing dirty glasses not knowing who has used them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 09:33 AM
 
120 posts, read 209,226 times
Reputation: 59
Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Thank you for you insightful post. Your contribution is greatly appreciated. It is always enoyable to engage in a spirited and intelligent discourse with such a fine writer such as yourself.
lolololol...glad i could help...thank u.......love life,,,live lifeee,,,may god b with all of you...2012 is coming fast.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2011, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Matthews, NC
14,693 posts, read 23,071,063 times
Reputation: 14332
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEOPLESCHAMP View Post
lolololol...glad i could help...thank u.......love life,,,live lifeee,,,may god b with all of you...2012 is coming fast.....
u is welcome...i are afeared of 2012...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top