Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 10:47 AM

105 posts, read 244,042 times

Advertisements

Oh yeah - Sunny, you mention the road reflectors - don't you use plow trucks when it snows? I know Chalotte doesn't get a LOT of snow (yeah, I've been doing my research), but surely you get enough sometimes to have to clear it rather than wait for it to melt?
We can't use road reflectors up here in Maine because they would get scooped up by the plow trucks, but otherwise - I think they're a good solution.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2010, 10:59 AM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
You know, thinking about it, the privatizing of the dog parks would not be a bad idea, just don't shut them. We used to pay a $35.00 annual fee and had to show evidence that the dogs had their shots & stuff. Now, they are free and anyone can come in. That is one reason I don't go very much anymore. I worry about aggressive dogs attacking mine...or even me...that actually happened one time.

I didn't mind paying the fee because they were regulated then. And, your access could be cut off if your dog did not behave or did not have their shots. So, yeah, privatizing them is probably not a bad idea.

Old 02-27-2010, 11:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aulani View Post
Oh yeah - Sunny, you mention the road reflectors - don't you use plow trucks when it snows? I know Chalotte doesn't get a LOT of snow (yeah, I've been doing my research), but surely you get enough sometimes to have to clear it rather than wait for it to melt?
We can't use road reflectors up here in Maine because they would get scooped up by the plow trucks, but otherwise - I think they're a good solution.
other than this winter which is like is being analyzed as a 20 year snowy
winter here we rarely get snow and when we do they use brine or it will be
gone by the next day. I agree with your earlier statement about stronger
reflective paint would be alot more useful and I agree with your
sentiment on street lights. Use solar power lights around exit ramps.
Reflective street signs will do enough; GPS is very affordable now let it
manage road direction.
Im like you grew up in a rural area and now we see why taxes are higher
in the city, no because there are more people which is weird. You
would think more people means more money. If you think about it that it
would seem to be more costly to live in a rural area.
No but especially in Charlotte the city likes to waste tax money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte