Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:56 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times

Advertisements

I used to praise those wonderful Jersey tomatoes. After I moved south I got a chance to savor Cherokee tomatoes and another tomato identified as a Black Mountain tomato. These are two to the ugliest tomatoes I have ever seen but the flavor leaves those Jerseys in the dust. Put those Jersey tomatoes in your memory and enjoy the Cheokees and Black Mtn tomatoes.
BTW, the best peach in the world is a SC peach. Buy them off a farm stand and if they are a little hard put them in a brown paper bag on your counter until they soften a bit and then refrigerate. Make sure you are standing over the sink when you eat one. They are the juciest, sweetest peaches you will ever eat.
FYI, there are websites that sell Philly specialties like Taylors Pork Roll or Habersett Scrapple. Just G...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 10:02 PM

969 posts, read 1,958,503 times
If you go to Katz NY Deli near the Arboretum in South Charlotte, they have knish. I think you can get them at BJ's too or at any NY-style deli here.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:00 AM

162 posts, read 400,895 times
Lowe's Foods, at least the one on Johnston Rd down by Ardrey Kell, has Taylor ham at the deli.

There's also a nice little deli on Elm Lane by the Bi-Lo and Tire Kingdom- called Cardillo's Kitchen. Owned by 3 ladies from NJ/NY who will cook you a "jersey".

Old 02-01-2010, 11:39 AM

146 posts, read 474,126 times
Schweppes bitter lemon mixer (for my vodka on those hot summer evenings) instead of tonic water. Most Harris Teeters carry Taylor Pork Roll. Cant find Cases pork roll here.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:06 PM

416 posts, read 925,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giaa81 View Post
I'm a Jersey girl...but not your typical Jersey girl I wear $700.00 Brian Atwood pumps ,cook up a storm and love volunteering...I am as comfy in my heels as am in my six dollar Target shirt and my thirty dollar converse shoes...Not all girls from NJ are like that...
...and those of you who are wondering YES those "typical NJ girls are real and YES they are like that (the ones on the show)...I'm friends with girls like that...hmmmmm maybe that is why I moved haha! and WHERE CAN I GET A KNISHHHHHH?
Another Jersey girl here. You can get a Knish @ Katz NY Deli. They are Good! Have you been? www.katznewyork.com The spinach is my favorite.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
You can't find this natively in NC, which seems to be a national love-fest currently...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv3aTM4eT0o
The girl in the photo......Sammi "Sweetheart" is from Hazlet N.J. and " The Situation" lives in Manalapan N.J. .....The ONLY two that ACTUALLY live in N.J.
Just to be clear! lol

Here is a fun fact I recently learned from the owner of Angela's here in Charlotte ... fun for some useless to others.. One of his original Locations of Angela's in N.J, is in Hazlet, same town Sammi is from.
www.angelasitalianrestaurant.com

Old 02-01-2010, 03:30 PM

36 posts, read 106,327 times
Speaking of Shop-Rite... Never thought I would say it, but miss those stores!!

Old 02-01-2010, 03:39 PM

Any jersey peeps watch Oprah today? Made me miss my coffee from 7-11.

Old 02-01-2010, 06:01 PM

1,452 posts, read 2,990,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
To the OP: nobody has mentioned White Castle. There are no White Castles in NC
Seriously? Those were disgusting. If you want the same effect, just take a laxative.
I could get most all the things mentioned in this thread in MI, and trust me locals - you aren't missing anything.

Old 02-01-2010, 07:47 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,781,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
I used to praise those wonderful Jersey tomatoes. After I moved south I got a chance to savor Cherokee tomatoes and another tomato identified as a Black Mountain tomato. These are two to the ugliest tomatoes I have ever seen but the flavor leaves those Jerseys in the dust. Put those Jersey tomatoes in your memory and enjoy the Cheokees and Black Mtn tomatoes.
BTW, the best peach in the world is a SC peach. Buy them off a farm stand and if they are a little hard put them in a brown paper bag on your counter until they soften a bit and then refrigerate. Make sure you are standing over the sink when you eat one. They are the juciest, sweetest peaches you will ever eat.
FYI, there are websites that sell Philly specialties like Taylors Pork Roll or Habersett Scrapple. Just G...
Publix Markets in SC carries Habersett Scrapple
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte