Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2010, 11:13 AM

33 posts, read 79,303 times

Advertisements

I'm from NJ and it is impossible to buy tickets to individual Giants games as every seat in the stadium is sold out to season ticket holders.

When I move to the Charlotte area later this year, I plan on supporting the Panthers. How hard is it to get tickets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 11:15 AM

1,877 posts, read 4,865,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejohnnie View Post
I'm from NJ and it is impossible to buy tickets to individual Giants games as every seat in the stadium is sold out to season ticket holders.

When I move to the Charlotte area later this year, I plan on supporting the Panthers. How hard is it to get tickets?
Depends! Is it a winning season or a losing season?

Old 01-31-2010, 11:25 AM

77 posts, read 137,363 times
If you mean on a game by game basis, try Tickets at StubHub! Where Fans Buy and Sell Tickets. Craigslist and the Panthers website have listings as well.
If you want to purchase season tickets from the Panthers, there is the whole issue of PSL...

The games are lots of fun!

Old 01-31-2010, 12:16 PM

Thanks, but StubHub and Craigslist is what we have to do now for Giants tickets. I was hoping Panthers might be available at the box office on gameday.

I was referring to game by game. What is PSL?

Old 01-31-2010, 12:21 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,951,581 times
Permanent Seat License

Old 01-31-2010, 12:21 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,808,276 times
Quote:

About 67,000 of the 73,000 seats are sold to season ticket holders here, too.

However, for a variety of reasons, enough of the 67k are willing to part with their tickets via Craigslist/ebay/Ticketmaster re-sale etc that very few games are tough to acquire tickets for....even when the 'big' teams roll into town tickets are normally available for 125% of face value.

Those remaining seats do go on sale to the public an individual game basis sometime in the summer.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:50 PM

149 posts, read 410,293 times
Quote:

One of the hardest things I had to give up were my Giants season tickets.

While supporting the Panthers is cool... dont jump off the Giants ship. Lots of GMan fans down here.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:55 AM

249 posts, read 499,675 times
Quote:

You will have no problems getting individual game tickets, although with the PSL system here, it is sometimes hard to get decent seats for a whole season unless you buy the tickets only from a PSL holder.

Old 02-01-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schizoid2k View Post
One of the hardest things I had to give up were my Giants season tickets.

While supporting the Panthers is cool... dont jump off the Giants ship. Lots of GMan fans down here.
No problem there. I'll always be a Giants fan, but if the Panthers are playing anyone else but the Giants, no reason to not go root for the locals.

Old 02-01-2010, 12:23 PM

550 posts, read 1,808,490 times
They sell individual tickets, but they are few and far between and usually sell out on the day they go on sale. The best chance is to go to the stadium on the day of the game and find someone who is selling them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte