Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 09:12 AM

34 posts, read 61,195 times

Advertisements

Can anyone offer up personal experience on which apartment complexes within that area of Matthews decent? I only need a 1/1 or 2/1 at most in the 6-800 range/mo. I'm comfortably in the 798 range currently, but it looks like the cost of living may be less than where I currently reside in 37067 (Franklin, TN).

I'd like to be close to the Verizon Wireless call center off Sardis Drive limiting my commute (my daily commute is currently 2.4 miles)

Which utilities companies service that area and are their any cable/dish companies that service that location (I'd love to get FiOS again =)

Thank you in advance for any insight.

-Jayson-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 09:24 AM

Legacy Matthews looks like a drive I could handle. How's the apartments?

Google Maps

Old 02-04-2010, 09:29 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by verEYEzon View Post
Which utilities companies service that area and are their any cable/dish companies that service that location (I'd love to get FiOS again =)
FIOS has yet to enter our market, but you can get AT&T U-Verse.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 AM

2,603 posts, read 5,021,750 times
Haven't heard anything bad about them. But there is a much newer complex just across the street called Galleria something. Traffic can get a little rough around Monroe during rush hour.

Quote:
Legacy Matthews looks like a drive I could handle. How's the apartments?

Google Maps

Old 02-04-2010, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Haven't heard anything bad about them. But there is a much newer complex just across the street called Galleria something. Traffic can get a little rough around Monroe during rush hour.

From the "google maps" link above, it would be a .6 mi drive to the office. So I'm hoping that the rush hour in that area wouldn't impact me.....much.

I will look up this galleria place via google, see what it brings back.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
FIOS has yet to enter our market, but you can get AT&T U-Verse.

I've been without cable for 13 months now. As a VZW employee, I'll go another 13 months if AT&T will be my only option.

Any directv or dish network?

Old 02-04-2010, 11:02 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Can anyone offer up personal experience on which apartment complexes within that area of Matthews decent? I only need a 1/1 or 2/1 at most in the 6-800 range/mo. I'm comfortably in the 798 range currently, but it looks like the cost of living may be less than where I currently reside in 37067 (Franklin, TN).

I'd like to be close to the Verizon Wireless call center off Sardis Drive limiting my commute (my daily commute is currently 2.4 miles)

Thank you in advance for any insight.

-Jayson-
Why not live right next door at The Gallaria Village apartments - then you could even walk to work

Last edited by lovesMountains; 02-04-2010 at 11:12 AM..

Old 02-04-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
I would choose The Gallaria over Legacy ANY day

Old 02-04-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I would choose The Gallaria over Legacy ANY day

Reading the reviews on some of the sites and they are far from flattering for any property in that southern matthews area.

Is that a "bad" location? The Galleria would literally allow me to walk across the street to work. However, if it's run down, "ghetto" (as some put it), gang infested (as another put it) I'm thinking I need to look elsewhere.

Thoughts?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Reading the reviews on some of the sites and they are far from flattering for any property in that southern matthews area.

Is that a "bad" location? The Galleria would literally allow me to walk across the street to work. However, if it's run down, "ghetto" (as some put it), gang infested (as another put it) I'm thinking I need to look elsewhere.

Thoughts?
Oh good grief...Matthews is a very desirable place to live, there is simply NOTHING ghetto about it at all.

I would take those "reviews" about complexes with a grain of salt - how many people who are truly happy with their apartment complex do you think are going to take the time to seek a site like that out to praise it?? Only those with an ax to grind use those kinds of review sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte