Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2010, 06:08 PM

9 posts, read 21,550 times

Advertisements

Hello All.
My wife and I recently relocated to the Charlotte area from New England.
I am a licensed master plumber in my home state and will be sitting for my license exam in N.C. soon.
I am currently employed with a national chain and am not real happy with the sales vs. service attitude of the company. There prices are extreamly high and they realy push the cash over customer attitude.
I am just waiting for a few more things to fall into place before venturing out on my own. I know I cannot compete with their ability to provide a rapid responce to every call but can certainly provide better service for less money for those that are not in need of imediate service.
Any imput from people who have had to use the services of a plumber would be greatly appreciated .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 10:45 AM

7,126 posts, read 11,697,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bri&kim View Post
Hello All.
My wife and I recently relocated to the Charlotte area from New England.
I am a licensed master plumber in my home state and will be sitting for my license exam in N.C. soon.
I am currently employed with a national chain and am not real happy with the sales vs. service attitude of the company. There prices are extreamly high and they realy push the cash over customer attitude.
I am just waiting for a few more things to fall into place before venturing out on my own. I know I cannot compete with their ability to provide a rapid responce to every call but can certainly provide better service for less money for those that are not in need of imediate service.
Any imput from people who have had to use the services of a plumber would be greatly appreciated .
I'll give this a shot but I think the post my get deleted as yours is a form of advertising. I think.

I am not sure of the value of a master's plumbing lic. in NC as I live out of state and only spend about a week per month in Charlotte but if it has the kind of value as some other states , why do you not do your own start up company and provide emergency service (cheaper) and "regular" service as well. Use local talent that doesn't have the kind of credentials that you have).

There are many mom and pop plumbers that can provide the type of service (not immediate) that you are planning to do, and they are already established with customers, so I don't know how viable your plan really is.

Good luck,
pc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte