U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 04:54 PM

774 posts, read 1,018,266 times

Advertisements

We are interested in a few homes in a few different neighborhoods and are asking anyone to give their opinion on the areas we are looking at. First one is in Starmount. Are there certain parts of that neighborhood that are not recommended? Next one is Madison Park and the last is Olde Providence. I just love the look of the older neighborhoods with the all the trees and larger lots. If anyone can give me some pros and cons of these neighborhoods I would appreciate it. Thank you .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 05:05 PM

1,401 posts, read 3,837,208 times
Starmount-lots of threads on here about this one. I have several friends that live in this neighborhood. They all purchased homes to update or remodel and stayed closer to Park Road in the neighborhood.

Madison Park-I personally lived there for about 4 years. Loved it, everything about it. A lot of friends I grew up with live in these neighborhoods due to the location.

Olde Providence-about half of the high school I attended (myers park) lived here..seriously. It continues to be a desirable place to be, tucked away just enough but not far from everything you could need. About half of the homes are updated and the other half are still in original condition. Lots of split levels but a mix of other designs as well.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:16 PM

So the areas off of South Blvd in Starmount are not as desirable?

Old 02-06-2010, 10:31 PM

44,782 posts, read 56,081,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattig View Post
Of the three I vote for Olde Providence

Old 02-06-2010, 10:51 PM

11,770 posts, read 18,203,332 times
Quote:
I would try to stay as far away from South Boulevard as possible.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:06 PM

Is South Blvd a crime ridden area?

Old 02-06-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Is South Blvd a crime ridden area?
Parts of it. It's not the most desirable road to live along, unless you are close to uptown in South End.

Trust me, you want to go with Olde Providence

Old 02-06-2010, 11:17 PM

So the streets off South Blvd from Sedgefield Park all the way down to Montclaire are not recommended? Wow there are some nice older remodeled homes for good prices right now. Most of them lie between South Blvd and Park Rd, but south of Tyvola. That's too bad..

Old 02-06-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
So the streets off South Blvd from Sedgefield Park all the way down to Montclaire are not recommended? Wow there are some nice older remodeled homes for good prices right now. Most of them lie between South Blvd and Park Rd, but south of Tyvola. That's too bad..
Well, I didn't say Sedgefield and Montclaire are not recommended - in fact, some yuppies working uptown find them very convenient places to live. There are tons of homes in Monclaire and Madison Park being bought up because of their proximity to the light rail. I just said, Olde Providence is the most desirable - you get bigger homes for the same amount of money, and better schools. I would not recommend any neighborhoods along South from about Tyvola to I485.

Old 02-07-2010, 12:00 AM

11,770 posts, read 18,203,332 times
Not even Hidden Valley?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte