Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 01:13 PM

99 posts, read 156,612 times

Advertisements

do they take appts even if you are only getting a non drivers license ID card?
I would like to take my elderly father and standing in line would not be an option. I would not mind waiting with out an appt, as long as he can sit. Anyone been through this before?
Or is there somewhere else besides DMV to get the ID card? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 12:41 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,723,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro z 5 View Post
do they take appts even if you are only getting a non drivers license ID card?
I would like to take my elderly father and standing in line would not be an option. I would not mind waiting with out an appt, as long as he can sit. Anyone been through this before?
Or is there somewhere else besides DMV to get the ID card? Thanks
It's been my experience it isn't WHERE you go but WHEN you go. I use the mega office on NC 16. My trick has always been to go on a Wednesday or a Thursday.

Think about it. Monday is when people are starting their week and getting things fixed the discovered during the weekend. Fridays are when people are getting things done before heading out of town for the weekend.

I've never seen long lines on a Wednesday or Thursday. And sitting shouldn't be a problem for an ID card.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:03 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,803,896 times
I've always had fast & friendly service at Idlewild Rd. I renewed my license on my last visit there & was in & out in under an hour. The Arrowood Rd location is always crowded & its a dump.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:40 AM

72 posts, read 173,584 times
OP, just a warning- I believe in NC you are required to show proof of NC liability insurance to get a drivers license, and if you do not own a car, they will require you to show proof of a "non-owners" liability policy, which might be an expense you did not plan for. If you haven't gone yet you may want to check that out.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 AM

72 posts, read 173,584 times
NM just saw that you posted in February originally. I hope you have gone by now ;-)

Old 10-26-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
It's been my experience it isn't WHERE you go but WHEN you go. I use the mega office on NC 16. My trick has always been to go on a Wednesday or a Thursday.

Think about it. Monday is when people are starting their week and getting things fixed the discovered during the weekend. Fridays are when people are getting things done before heading out of town for the weekend.

I've never seen long lines on a Wednesday or Thursday. And sitting shouldn't be a problem for an ID card.
Thanks I'll keep that in mind

Old 10-26-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmJ628 View Post
NM just saw that you posted in February originally. I hope you have gone by now ;-)
sorry I am new to this board and tried following the search rule. I should have posted a new "thread" I suppose.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:48 PM

i was sent a message with a very helpful answer to my question and I tried to give them rep points and would not allow me to do so? so thanks for your time!

Old 02-15-2012, 07:28 PM

3 posts, read 5,002 times
Was the dmv on brookshire hard to get your license and was the test hard . I heard it was the easiest location to go to!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,156,718 times
Since this old thread got bumped, if anyone is looking for the Idlewild location it has since moved to Executive Park Drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte