Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 08:49 PM

15 posts, read 28,604 times

Advertisements

I am young and I live in South Park, but I have friends who live in South End, Uptown, and Dilworth. Sound End seems like a good place to live because of the convenience to the light rail. Dilworth is also very convenient (not to the light rail but a close cab ride to Uptown and there are plenty of bars/restaurants there). You may also want to reconsider South Park, especially if you're going to be working there. I go uptown fairly often, usually taking the light rail, and there are also some popular bars in the South Park/Myers Park area on Montford Drive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 12:07 PM

117 posts, read 295,521 times
montford is like a dirtier, slummier, smaller glenwood in raleigh. Its ooooooold (my dad went to bars here, and jeff's bucket shop has the oldest alcohol license in charlotte) haha but fun if you have no where else to go to in the area. Even since i moved to uptown I havnt been back to montford.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:57 AM

6 posts, read 13,208 times
Anyone know anything about Circle at Southend? I checked it out this past weekend, and everything seemed really nice. Just couldn't get a feel for the people who live there. I'm 24 and single and looking to meet new people.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:42 PM

117 posts, read 295,521 times
circle is new. I dont even think its finished yet. A little on the pricy end for me. Most likely the mid 20 somethings. And I recomend e harmony on meeting single people...

Old 03-25-2010, 11:33 AM

6 posts, read 13,208 times
Collective - which apartment complex do you live in at South End? I am debating between Circle, and Camden, leaning towards Camden but want to stop by and see what people think about the complex. Any insight as to the social scene at your complex would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:34 PM

983 posts, read 1,633,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrobson85 View Post
Collective - which apartment complex do you live in at South End? I am debating between Circle, and Camden, leaning towards Camden but want to stop by and see what people think about the complex. Any insight as to the social scene at your complex would be greatly appreciated.
Sent you a PM with more detail.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:03 PM

6 posts, read 12,542 times
If you haven't purchased, look at Park South Station. My neighborhood is very hip, professionals, awesome pool, workout facility, etc. Good stuff! And if you want to commute uptown, the Cats bus picks up in front of the community and drops off at the Archdale station 1 mile up. We head uptown for girls' nights, etc.

Old 03-14-2014, 12:14 PM

2 posts, read 3,400 times
Uptown: City/Sleek feel
NoDa: Really artsy, fun
South End: Hip and industrial feel
Dilworth: Residential, but close to all three

Anywhere else is very likely not what you're looking for

Old 03-14-2014, 02:03 PM

6 posts, read 18,242 times
Any other recent opinions on this topic. Trying to decide this myself!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte