Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2007, 09:13 PM

67 posts, read 301,244 times

Advertisements

Condos in uptown are presently selling for around 200-300 $/SQFT which is decently high compared to round 70-110$/SQFT rate in most parts of Charlotte. I am thinking about buying a condo in uptown but this price difference scares me. I am also concerned about all the new development that is happening in uptown which is going to pump couple of hundred condos.

Do you think think condos are still a safe investment compared to suburbs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 10:33 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaggarwal View Post
Condos in uptown are presently selling for around 200-300 $/SQFT which is decently high compared to round 70-110$/SQFT rate in most parts of Charlotte. I am thinking about buying a condo in uptown but this price difference scares me. I am also concerned about all the new development that is happening in uptown which is going to pump couple of hundred condos.

Do you think think condos are still a safe investment compared to suburbs?
With all the predictions for growth by 2030, YES, condos in uptown are a good investment, in my opinion. The closer in you own property the better off you will be as the city continues to expand outward and people become more and more frustrated with long commutes. Owning uptown property is already a good investment, I can only imagine how valuable it will be in just 5 years, much less by 2030!

And just FYI, any house in Charlotte itself that you are seeing for under $100 a square foot is not in a very good, safe area. I would be very careful buying in the $70 a foot range for sure!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:14 AM

67 posts, read 301,244 times
Thanks LoveMountains for your honest assessment. I also think that even with all the new construction in uptown, demand will be much more then supply. It is just that seeing so much construction scares me from buying a condo.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:34 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,914,420 times
My friend had a townhome on Morehead by the stadium.
Got transferred to Florida with his job after being there 7 months.
Made $35,000 off it....in 7 months.
Draw own conclusion.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:39 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,428,999 times
Donald Trump plans on bulding condos there which hopefully would add to the value.

Old 06-04-2007, 12:32 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,900 times
Red face Per sq. ft. price

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
With all the predictions for growth by 2030, YES, condos in uptown are a good investment, in my opinion. The closer in you own property the better off you will be as the city continues to expand outward and people become more and more frustrated with long commutes. Owning uptown property is already a good investment, I can only imagine how valuable it will be in just 5 years, much less by 2030!

And just FYI, any house in Charlotte itself that you are seeing for under $100 a square foot is not in a very good, safe area. I would be very careful buying in the $70 a foot range for sure!
I think the per sq. ft. price differs by area. We spent less than $100/sq ft, seems like it was $89 when we bought in Huntersville last July, meanwhile we had friends buy at about $100/sq ft in Harrisburg and I think their neighborhood is crappy. I also believe there is housing going for under $100/sq ft in Huntersville now. I would not consider Huntersville a bad area at all, actually the crime is very low here. Maybe it's just a very good investment opportunity for the price?

Old 06-04-2007, 05:46 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
It amazing a very old board game plays so well if you convert it into today terms or maybe there is a Charlotte Version of the Monopoly game..hmmm

You can buy either North Carolina Ave. or Park Place one cost a bit more both are good investments but one has a higher return over time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte