Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:56 PM

22 posts, read 91,649 times

Advertisements

Are there any pubs in Charlotte area that make their own microbrews? Are there any nice coffee houses in the Concord area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 06:46 PM

35 posts, read 171,835 times
Southend Brewery - located over on South Boulevard just below East blvd, it's pretty good... Southend Brewery & Smokehouse - #1 Microbrewery in the South

Rock Bottom Brewery - located at the corner of 7th and Tryon uptown RockBottom Restaurants (broken link)

Hops Brewery - there is one in Matthews, not sure where else, they have $1 beers on Wednesday which makes them my personal favorite... Hops Online

Old 06-03-2007, 11:26 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,198 times
Red face Carolina Blonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon70 View Post
Are there any pubs in Charlotte area that make their own microbrews? Are there any nice coffee houses in the Concord area?
I think you need to try Carolina Blonde. You can buy it in the grocery store. I don't know if they have a brewery bar but it is local, Mooresville. It is one of my favorite beers, next only to my Labatts. I would probably buy CB more but it's much more expensive to buy than my L at Total Wine!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:57 AM

3 posts, read 10,607 times
Cool Go to the Charlotte Oktoberfest!

The beer in Charlotte is good; especially since they relaxed the laws on beers in North Carolina. Now we can have good imports and local high-gravity microbrews.

You should visit the Charlotte Oktoberfest 2007. It is on September 29th this year and is expected to have 350+ beers available to sample.

I will be there...My Band, The Folsom Prison Gang will be performing at the festival. We are a Johnny Cash Tribute Band. So you will get to enjoy good beer AND good music!

Enjoy!

-RYAN

Old 06-27-2007, 09:25 AM

6 posts, read 21,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinunix View Post
Hops Brewery - there is one in Matthews, not sure where else, they have $1 beers on Wednesday which makes them my personal favorite... Hops Online

tell me more about this dollar beer you speak of. Is at all of their beers or just certain ones? which is your favorite?

Old 06-27-2007, 10:46 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,420,454 times
Flying Saucer on N. Tryon has about 300 beers. Carolina Blonde is ok. You can tour the plant in Mooresville on Saturday.

Old 06-27-2007, 07:12 PM

35 posts, read 171,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin0031 View Post
tell me more about this dollar beer you speak of. Is at all of their beers or just certain ones? which is your favorite?
It is all of their beers, they usually have around 5 brews at any given time, 4 are standards, one is seasonal.

Their standards are:
clearwater light -> pretty much like any other american light beer microbrew (a lot like carolina blonde), not my favorite but it is fine if that is your thing

lightning bold gold -> golden lager, pretty smooth, heavier than the clearwater, i like this one in the summers

hammerhead red -> their version of an amber ale, good but again not my favorite

alligator ale -> this is a brown ale with a smooth rich taste, comparable to a newcastle, this is what i usually get if i am not into the seasonal

seasonal -> I usually get the seasonal unless it's fruity, they have a good porter that i really like from time to time, the summer lager is pretty good too

Old 06-28-2007, 08:32 AM

21 posts, read 63,766 times
Not sure if they are in the Concord area, but Dilworth Coffee is great. I was thrilled to find it. They roast their own beans (which is my #1 requirement) and, also important, they know their stuff.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:48 AM

1,225 posts, read 2,785,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deacgirl View Post
Not sure if they are in the Concord area, but Dilworth Coffee is great. I was thrilled to find it. They roast their own beans (which is my #1 requirement) and, also important, they know their stuff.
I think I will still stick to my Heinie's...Now it comes in Light.

Old 06-28-2007, 12:56 PM

6 posts, read 21,367 times
We went to Hops last night and I must say I was very impressed. Nice selection, good taste and you can't beet 99 cents for a full draught.

And I've heard good things about Dilworth Coffee too but haven't tried it yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte