Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-25-2010, 08:17 PM

152 posts, read 308,169 times

Advertisements

Hey guys I remembered not too long ago there was a thread where some of you guys got great deals on electronics....and other stuff it was some kind of discount warehouse that sold a bit of everything...anyone remember???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2010, 08:35 PM

673 posts, read 2,679,939 times
I think you are referring to Cost Low Outlet.
Flash Intro Page

Old 02-26-2010, 02:26 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,141,844 times
Haha... "everyone was talking about"? The only people talking about that place were the people that own that place. That's why you can't find the threads -- they've been deleted for violating the terms of service. They were advertisements plain and simple. Those spammers will never get my business.

Old 02-26-2010, 07:16 AM

327 posts, read 1,197,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
Haha... "everyone was talking about"? The only people talking about that place were the people that own that place. That's why you can't find the threads -- they've been deleted for violating the terms of service. They were advertisements plain and simple. Those spammers will never get my business.

Well, that's your loss. I saw a post on here not long ago by someone NOT affiliated with the store. Went there to check them out because I needed a new TV. Their prices were better than I saw posted elsewhere, and they gave me $50 off that price. HAven't been back since because I haven't had the need, but they were nice and easy to deal with, but most of all, they were cheaper than anywhere else. My TV looks to have been an open box item from Costco, based on the stickers on the box.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:50 PM

I'm glad it worked out for you. But I find it very irritating when people feel that the rules don't apply to them. They came on here and started thread after thread pretending to be customers who had just discovered this fantastic new outlet store - and each time it got deleted by the mods, they'd start another account and do it again. It may well be the best store ever, but I'll not shop there. So it's their loss, too. They've lost any chance I'll shop there. If they're as good as you say, I'm sure they'll survive. Just as I'm sure I'll be able to find everything I need elsewhere. So everybody wins.

By the way, what thread was that post in by someone not affiliated with the store? I've searched and can't find anything.

Old 02-26-2010, 03:55 PM

23 posts, read 70,130 times
I think it was a store on S. Blvd.

Old 02-27-2010, 07:01 AM

461 posts, read 984,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timm View Post
By the way, what thread was that post in by someone not affiliated with the store? I've searched and can't find anything.
It may be gone, but I was one of those NOT affiliated with the store who gave it praise. You are probably right about them starting the posts, but why is it so hard to believe that MAYBE it was just a satisfied customer? I would be the type who would do that, as well as plenty of fellow C-D members from what I can tell.

Old 02-27-2010, 12:01 PM

Well, ordinarily it isn't hard at all for me to believe that someone has a positive experience with a place and then posts about it here. It happens all the time -- hell, I do it all the time. But anytime I see a post about this place, I find myself thinking it's an ad. Why? Because they bombarded the board with threads that absolutely were planted by the owner and/or workers. I'm not making this up. They'd register, make a post very similar to the one that started this thread -- but the red flag was that it was their first and only post (that is a violation itself, whether they own the store or not -- no recommendations until you have ten posts). Then the thread would be deleted by a mod for violating the terms of service. Then another one exactly like it but by a different brand new poster would pop up almost immediately. And get deleted. Repeat. And repeat. And repeat.

Are you the type who would do that?

I'm sure those threads had a poster or two who went to the store and liked it. I'm fine with those posts/posters. I support supporting businesses that you like. I don't support pretending to be a supporter of a business you are affiliated with. I don't support breaking the terms of service intentionally and repeatedly. And I don't support people/businesses that engage in such behavior. But I'll leave it at that. This thread certainly seems legit, so I'll stop crapping on it. My apologies, and I wish you continued satisfaction with the store.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,489,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanigan911 View Post
It may be gone, but I was one of those NOT affiliated with the store who gave it praise. You are probably right about them starting the posts, but why is it so hard to believe that MAYBE it was just a satisfied customer? I would be the type who would do that, as well as plenty of fellow C-D members from what I can tell.
As a moderator It not Timm suspension his post has merit and he has a right
to boycott why its his prerogative. Besides the posts where very similar in
wording as he stated. Posters with less than ten posts cannot give recommendations because they have an agenda they are trying to
mask they are advertising. They havent proven they have sign on this
site for other reasons. I am also able to check by other means who they are.
Glad you like it but they cant find legitimate way to advertise
then I have no choice but enforce the tos here and avoid a place
that you probably cant get a store warranty and products that havent been used.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte