Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 07:56 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,703,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggums View Post
Generally, I think all the people that do this must be democrats... And if my wish came true, we would not only rid ourselves of annoying left lane drivers, but of Democrats, too. Utopia!
Yes - slow drivers in the left hand lane can all be blamed on Obama - its a vast left-wing conspiracy

Ok - I'm done feeding the troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2010, 11:06 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Yes - slow drivers in the left hand lane can all be blamed on Obama - its a vast left-wing conspiracy

Nah, they are just right wing die hards who supported President Bush. It is all his fault!!

nom nom nom

Old 02-26-2010, 11:21 PM

171 posts, read 357,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post

You are weak. That you failed to even attempt to counter my points is but said what you said is an admission that my logic is somewhat accurate.

Thanks for playing.

Old 02-27-2010, 01:30 AM

431 posts, read 929,503 times
Quote:
Drivers who won't get out of the left lane: I hate you. Just die.
Couldnt agree more.

Honestly though Charlotte has pretty decent drivers for the most part.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:47 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
Oh! I thought of another one!

People who speed up only when you try to pass them.

that irritates me too, ESPECIALLY on 2-lane 55mph roads.

but what i've found is that i adjust according to the speed limit (i usually go 10mph over). Lots of drivers ignore the speed limit -- going 50 in a 35, and then 50 in a 45, and continuing 50 in a 55.

I've found that it is very common for people to get upset, as if i'm "preventing them from passing", when in reality I am just demonstrating more awareness of the speed limit than them.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:19 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,992,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie84 View Post
This is my first manual, and I don't know if I will ever go back. Its way too much fun.
I had one a long time ago, but found it made it too difficult to eat my breakfast, read my newspaper, text people, and check my stock quotes on my laptop on the way to work in the morning.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:38 AM

292 posts, read 672,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
I had one a long time ago, but found it made it too difficult to eat my breakfast, read my newspaper, text people, and check my stock quotes on my laptop on the way to work in the morning.
Hahaha! Yes, it would be hard to do that...

Old 03-01-2010, 09:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,381,866 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say "just die" if they were just clueless.

They do it on purpose.

They believe the speed limit is the speed limit and if they are going the speed limit, you need not get around them. IF they are going faster than the speed limit, they think they are going fast enough and you don't need to go any faster. And if they are doing it to you to prevent you from breaking the speed limit law, they are somehow justified in their mind for breaking the law about camping the left lane.

Basically, its someone else deciding for you what you can do. Generally, I think all the people that do this must be democrats. A republican or a person who is conservative by nature wouldn't be concerned with what you are doing, they are only concerned with what they are doing. And they'll gladly get out of the way so you can get about your day and they can too.

On the other hand, Democrats are always looking at what others are doing with a critical eye. Why should you get to go faster than them? What makes you so special? To spite you, they'll jsut get in the way of your progress. How do you like that? The ironic thing about this thought process is what makes the democrat so special so as to be able to justify regulating the road for you and taking it upon themselves to determine how fast they will let you go? Because they see themselves as so special, they don't get the irony.

Basically, they have nominated themselves hall monitors of the roads and they could give a rats butt if you like it or not.

That's why I say, just die. F those people. And if my wish came true, we would not only rid ourselves of annoying left lane drivers, but of Democrats, too. Utopia!
Uh....... what?

Please, please, please tell me you don't seriously believe this and were just taking a jab at liberals. Please?

Old 03-01-2010, 09:42 AM

104 posts, read 177,510 times
Quote:
And if they are doing it to you to prevent you from breaking the speed limit law, they are somehow justified in their mind for breaking the law about camping the left lane.

Basically, its someone else deciding for you what you can do. Generally, I think all the people that do this must be democrats. A republican or a person who is conservative by nature wouldn't be concerned with what you are doing, they are only concerned with what they are doing. And they'll gladly get out of the way so you can get about your day and they can too.

On the other hand, Democrats are always looking at what others are doing with a critical eye. Why should you get to go faster than them? What makes you so special? To spite you, they'll jsut get in the way of your progress. How do you like that? The ironic thing about this thought process is what makes the democrat so special so as to be able to justify regulating the road for you and taking it upon themselves to determine how fast they will let you go? Because they see themselves as so special, they don't get the irony.
Meh. Both parties try to impose their will on you in the form of laws.

Democrats impose their will on you by proclaiming it will help society.
Republications impose their will on you by proclaiming it is the moral thing to do.

Both do so in the form of laws that either tax you or restrict your freedoms (even more). This is likely why the Tea Party has been gaining traction lately.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackley View Post
Meh. Both parties try to impose their will on you in the form of laws.

Democrats impose their will on you by proclaiming it will help society.
Republications impose their will on you by proclaiming it is the moral thing to do.

Both do so in the form of laws that either tax you or restrict your freedoms (even more). This is likely why the Tea Party has been gaining traction lately.
Quote:
I wouldn't say "just die" if they were just clueless.

They do it on purpose.

They believe the speed limit is the speed limit and if they are going the speed limit, you need not get around them. IF they are going faster than the speed limit, they think they are going fast enough and you don't need to go any faster. And if they are doing it to you to prevent you from breaking the speed limit law, they are somehow justified in their mind for breaking the law about camping the left lane.

Basically, they have nominated themselves hall monitors of the roads and they could give a rats butt if you like it or not.

That's why I say, just die. F those people. And if my wish came true, we would not only rid ourselves of annoying left lane drivers, but of Democrats, too. Utopia!

lol you guys are crazy
what the hell does politics got to do with driving
if i'm an independent how in the hell am I driving

moderator note:
if your trying to post something as a fact then you need to
document your fact with a reliable source or state its your opinion.
if you call someone a troll like a few posts earlier you run a
chance of being reported so I strongly advise you send me an
apology before its reported and I enforce the tos
Calling someone a troll is a personal attack

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte