Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 03:59 PM

9 posts, read 9,602 times

Advertisements

Thanks SoBelle,

Gives me a great idea on where to look, I'm only interested in elementary school as my kids will be back in Aus by the time they are old enough for high school.

As long as we leave near our school of choice does that mean we can automatically get enrolled there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 04:42 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,213,098 times
From your description and school needs, I think you should look at Huntersville, Davidson or Cornelius. This is a high quality area of the county and in many cases your kid(s) can walk to the elementary school depending upon where you choose to live.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:46 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,401,480 times
this person is going to work in the southpark area, why not live there?
it is a great area , elementary schools are great. Beverly Woods elem. Sharon Elem.
both great schools.
ballantyne is too far out , noth [davidson,huntersville etc] is far out IMO.
just can't beat living next to where one works and since this is SP,
which is a great area of town ,don't see the reason to encourage living that far away.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:56 PM

852 posts, read 2,468,463 times
Beverly Crest might be an option - might be 4 bedroom houses in there to rent and you would be in the Elizabeth Lane Elementary school district with is an excellent school. You can walk across to the Arboretum and it would be a 10 minute drive to SP.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:02 PM

1,311 posts, read 4,681,734 times
In regards to daycare, you may enjoy a preschool program, many of which are run out of churches. You can choose to send your child several days a week, and most are 3-4 hours in the morning. There are tons in the Southpark area, which is also where I'd suggest you look for housing. Great area, obviously close to your work, and excellent schools. No need to commute far if you don't have to. Just to start, some of the public elementary schools in that area are Sharon, Selwyn, and Beverly Woods. Welcome!

Old 03-03-2010, 06:04 PM

I really want to limit the commute. I'd prefer a 20min drive or less to work but would extend that to max 35mins if the area is nicer.

Davidson or Cornelius seem too far away from Southpark, how long would the commute from Southpark to Ballantyne be in peak hour?

Last edited by jase; 03-03-2010 at 06:41 PM..

Old 03-03-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
No need to commute far if you don't have to. Just to start, some of the public elementary schools in that area are Sharon, Selwyn, and Beverly Woods. Welcome!
Thanks for the tips, these schools seem to have good reports so looks like the Southpark area would be ideal.

Old 03-03-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smclarke4 View Post
Beverly Crest might be an option - might be 4 bedroom houses in there to rent and you would be in the Elizabeth Lane Elementary school district with is an excellent school. You can walk across to the Arboretum and it would be a 10 minute drive to SP.
Another good recommendation, the school has very impressive academic results. Although no houses in the Beverly Crest area on either craigslist or carolinahome.

Old 03-03-2010, 07:02 PM

852 posts, read 2,468,463 times
Have a look at this one on rentals.com

Charlotte Home Rentals, Homes for Rent in Charlotte NC, Apartments, Houses for Rent, and Rental Homes in Charlotte, North Carolina (http://www.rentals.com/North-Carolina/Charlotte/r977936/ - broken link)

The other place to look would be Woodbridge or East Barden off of Providence Road. These are older homes and many are rented (rented there myself when we moved here). Good luck with your search. I think the school there is Landsdown - don't really know anything about it.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:15 AM

4,010 posts, read 10,213,098 times
Opps I didn't see the work place requirement. My apoligies. You would not want to live where I previously recommended. I agree with the others, stay in the Southpark area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte