U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:09 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,052,401 times

Advertisements

Having an airport that has direct international access is always a good thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 06:24 PM

199 posts, read 885,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Foreign companies increasingly are establishing U.S. headquarters and operations in Charlotte. The latest is German manufacturer Teupen Maschinenbau, which said it selected the Queen City because of its direct flights to Europe.
The 6 hour time difference to Germany was an important reason for me to move to the East coast (from Colorado) and the daily direct Lufthansa flight to Munich was the most important reason why I moved to Charlotte and not Raleigh.

The timing of the flight is also great: I can fly out on Friday after work and arrive in Munich on Saturday for breakfast w/ my parents. The return flight could leave Munich a little bit later and arrive a little bit later in Charlotte but the flight to MUC is more important. Without this flight, Belmont, Gaston county and North Carolina would have 2 fewer residents .

Old 03-08-2010, 06:26 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,484,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgballer View Post
The 6 hour time difference to Germany was an important reason for me to move to the East coast (from Colorado) and the daily direct Lufthansa flight to Munich was the most important reason why I moved to Charlotte and not Raleigh.

The timing of the flight is also great: I can fly out on Friday after work and arrive in Munich on Saturday for breakfast w/ my parents. The return flight could leave Munich a little bit later and arrive a little bit later in Charlotte but the flight to MUC is more important. Without this flight, Belmont, Gaston county and North Carolina would have 2 fewer residents .
cool glad your here

Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 PM

830 posts, read 1,315,337 times
Good sign that Lufthansa has been upgauging the flight to the A340-600, from the A330 for summer for the extra capacity. They'll do it again this summer as well. Quite a sight to see that flight take off, and because the plane climbs so slowly, swoop over the city in the late afternoons.

Given the choice, I'd take the Munchen flight any day over Frankfurt - LH over US, and Munich airport over Frankfurt (unless flying 1st class, then I might want to check out LH's 1st class terminal there)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or