U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2007, 05:32 AM

6 posts, read 18,902 times

Advertisements

We've been zeroing in on Matthews as the place to zero in our home search. Can anyone give any testimonies as to what kind of place it is to raise a family and the quality of life. What are the drawbacks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2007, 05:40 AM

18,435 posts, read 27,998,223 times
I am not from the area , but have heard many nice things about the area... good luck on your search, I am sure many poeple will chime in on your thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:24 AM

536 posts, read 1,501,054 times
Thumbs up Some info...

Hi,

Mecklenburg County approximately 10 miles outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. Matthews consist of excellent schools, outstanding medical facilities, lovely, quaint neighborhoods and a variety of churches. There is a feel of safety and security in the hearts of the citizens of Matthews being instilled from the charm and friendliness of itís past ever present in todayís Matthews.

The quality residential communityís are engraved with small parks and natural areas with the median cost of a home being at $223,600.00. The school system has an average of 21 pupils per teacher and the average temperature in July is 88 with the low in January at 34. Matthews is alive with activities year round including, Christmas in the Park, the popular Summer Concert Series, Art Fest and Easter extravaganza just to name a few.

(I copied this off my website, I know that's cheating!)

Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,482,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith "Baby-Face" Lutz View Post
Hi,

Mecklenburg County approximately 10 miles outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. Matthews consist of excellent schools, outstanding medical facilities, lovely, quaint neighborhoods and a variety of churches. There is a feel of safety and security in the hearts of the citizens of Matthews being instilled from the charm and friendliness of itís past ever present in todayís Matthews.

The quality residential communityís are engraved with small parks and natural areas with the median cost of a home being at $223,600.00. The school system has an average of 21 pupils per teacher and the average temperature in July is 88 with the low in January at 34. Matthews is alive with activities year round including, Christmas in the Park, the popular Summer Concert Series, Art Fest and Easter extravaganza just to name a few.

(I copied this off my website, I know that's cheating!)
Thank's for the info.....my husband and I had been searching there as well, and we still have no clue on where to look around for a house. When we first had the thought of moving to NC months and months ago, we originally checked into Mooresville area (to much traffic, to expensive.....not what we are looking for anymore)
So, we moved further south, near Charlotte (Matthews was a top pick), but we are constantly reminded on how expensive Mecklenburg county taxes and living are.
Can you please shed some light onto that for me? PLEEEEZZZEE?
Thank's.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:53 PM

8 posts, read 59,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoollatt View Post
We've been zeroing in on Matthews as the place to zero in our home search. Can anyone give any testimonies as to what kind of place it is to raise a family and the quality of life. What are the drawbacks?
Be careful where you move in Matthews, I live near Matthews and some of the roads are very congested, they have built alot of homes but have not expanded the roads, so you can be sitting in bumper to bumper traffic, you may be better off moving to Mint Hill, I heard Matthews schools are good, but also watch out Matthews has an undesirable area near downtown. Do your research before you make that move.

Old 06-03-2007, 06:38 PM

45,264 posts, read 84,655,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingBack2PA View Post
Thank's for the info.....my husband and I had been searching there as well, and we still have no clue on where to look around for a house. When we first had the thought of moving to NC months and months ago, we originally checked into Mooresville area (to much traffic, to expensive.....not what we are looking for anymore)
So, we moved further south, near Charlotte (Matthews was a top pick), but we are constantly reminded on how expensive Mecklenburg county taxes and living are.
Can you please shed some light onto that for me? PLEEEEZZZEE?
Thank's.
Please pm me with your specific requirements, I will be happy to tell you what I know

Old 06-03-2007, 06:41 PM

45,264 posts, read 84,655,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoollatt View Post
Matthews is a wonderful family oriented community. The ONLY drawback I can think of is traffic congestion in some areas due to so much having been built beyond Matthews in Union county. If you were able to find a home "inside" of hwy 51 the traffic would be less of a problem

Old 06-03-2007, 06:56 PM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 8,482,789 times
Thumbs up Thank's already.....

Hey lovesMountains
I pm'd you with some more specific questions I have, concerning matthews.
We will rent first, but, we will be purchasing a home within 3 to 4 months, after arriving down there. We just have to really pin point areas, and that's so hard.
I really loved Mooresville...but it's not what we are looking for...anymore. We just missed the bus on that one, and now we can't and don't want to affort it there no more. Traffic is nuts......scary!
Thank's again for any info, you might be able to give me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or