U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 03:15 PM

3,819 posts, read 5,172,836 times

Advertisements

Are there any noise ordinances in Mooresville? I live in the city limits.

I am home today with a 103 fever and have been TRYING to sleep all say. I have several neighbors who leave their dogs outside while they are at work. They all bark at each other NON STOP ALL DAY. I am a teacher, so I notice it in the summer, but I am up and awake, so I typically try to ignore it. It usually ends around 5pm (when the owners get home and let them in the house). But, as I am trying to sleep, I began thinking about how annoying it must be for a 3rd shifter, or SAHM with kids napping. I also feel for the dogs- one owner keeps his 2 huge dogs locked on their small deck all day.
My lot is 0.16 acres- so the houses are on top of each other.

Also, would this be an HOA thing or a city thing? I'm not saying I am going to call, but I am just wondering for future reference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 02:18 PM

14,693 posts, read 23,071,063 times
Here is a link to Mooresville ordinances.

Municode.com | Online Library

I believe you want Chapter 14, Part III.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:07 PM

108 posts, read 84,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Are there any noise ordinances in Mooresville? I live in the city limits.

I am home today with a 103 fever and have been TRYING to sleep all say. I have several neighbors who leave their dogs outside while they are at work. They all bark at each other NON STOP ALL DAY. I am a teacher, so I notice it in the summer, but I am up and awake, so I typically try to ignore it. It usually ends around 5pm (when the owners get home and let them in the house). But, as I am trying to sleep, I began thinking about how annoying it must be for a 3rd shifter, or SAHM with kids napping. I also feel for the dogs- one owner keeps his 2 huge dogs locked on their small deck all day.
My lot is 0.16 acres- so the houses are on top of each other.

Also, would this be an HOA thing or a city thing? I'm not saying I am going to call, but I am just wondering for future reference.
City noise ordinance is applicable between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am. An HOA has the power to intervene as the noise is considered as an annoyance. It should be in the HOA rules and regulations. Violations can cost the owner $100 per day until resolved, once cited. I would go have a friendly conversation with the owners first. Also, contact the Mooresville police and see if there is a violation for during the day to cover your situation.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:42 PM

2 posts, read 10,066 times
I am not aware of any time restrictions of this ordinance. I would go and have a long conversation about dogs barking. The police will enforce this ordinance and the courts take dog barking very seriously. This is the number one complaint in Mooresville. Why do so many people have dogs and let them bark is beyond me. If I had it my way it would be legal to shoot them with bird shot. That always shuts them up! When the owners get home, I would shoot them with bird shot.

Old 02-15-2017, 09:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,298 times
I live at a Mooresville townhouse community and for months now, one of my neighbors is letting their two big dogs loose. One of their dogs growled and barked at me, while I was in my own porch. I don't go out there much anymore with fear that I might get injured. They are not aggressive while near the owners but their owners open the door for them to go out and use the bathroom and so they are never with them. The dogs also "decided" to poop in my backyard and the owners never pick up. I already complain several times with the HOA but I don't think they are doing anything to resolve the problem. What should I do? Can I call the city or police? I have put cameras up and have several videos and pics to prove.
I'll appreciate any info.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:07 PM

2,154 posts, read 2,353,730 times
Dog poop, paperbag, matches and a doorbell come to mind.

Old 02-15-2017, 12:21 PM

1,985 posts, read 1,383,447 times
Yeah there is only one solution here and it is returning poo to sender.

Old 02-15-2017, 03:42 PM

1,585 posts, read 1,413,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooresvillenative View Post
I am not aware of any time restrictions of this ordinance. I would go and have a long conversation about dogs barking. The police will enforce this ordinance and the courts take dog barking very seriously. This is the number one complaint in Mooresville. Why do so many people have dogs and let them bark is beyond me. If I had it my way it would be legal to shoot them with bird shot. That always shuts them up! When the owners get home, I would shoot them with bird shot.
and with that everything you wrote has no merit, shooting dogs and people, what a person.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:40 PM

376 posts, read 223,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chb119 View Post
and with that everything you wrote has no merit, shooting dogs and people, what a person.

Time to consider a tune up
?

Old 02-16-2017, 10:52 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,413,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laowai View Post
you hope
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or