U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2010, 08:23 PM

870 posts, read 3,210,774 times

Advertisements

Although the Carolina Panthers are sinking less money into the product they’re putting on the field this season they’ll be asking fans to dole out more to watch them play.

On average the Panthers will raise ticket prices between $1 and $9 per seat, a team spokesman said Friday. About half the tickets in the stadium will increase between $1 and $3 each.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2010, 07:11 AM

9,114 posts, read 15,650,129 times
This is just like people who complain about things around here but don't vote....

If they continue to goto the games and pay their PSL's, they get what they deserve.....ownership does not care about the fans and if anyone thinks they do, their crazy.....

Old 03-13-2010, 09:02 AM

174 posts, read 354,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njmdpanc View Post
Although the Carolina Panthers are sinking less money into the product they’re putting on the field this season they’ll be asking fans to dole out more to watch them play.

On average the Panthers will raise ticket prices between $1 and $9 per seat, a team spokesman said Friday. About half the tickets in the stadium will increase between $1 and $3 each.
If you really look around the league, the Panther tickets are still a pretty good value (relatively speaking).

As for the money, people are having this knee jerk reaction to what they have done so far this year. But let's take a closer look:
  • Jake was cut, but he will still be paid his money. Matt was signed for 4 times what he made last year. Doesn't seem like a money saver to me.
  • Peppers was let walk. Well, 95% of Panthers fans agreed, he wasn't worth the money. Smart move.
  • Kemoeatu was let go. He's fat, and could barely move when healthy. I wonder just how good he would be after tearing his achilles and being inactive for almost a full year? Another good move.
  • Lewis was good, not great, and definitely not worth his contract figures.
  • Diggs let go. Even this Buckeye fan will admit it's time for Anderson and/or Conner to take over. Good timing.
  • And then Hoover. Fan favorite. One of the Panther greats. True. But his best days are way behind him. Anybody that knows football should have picked up on that last year. His body is breaking down. How many nagging injuries did he have last year? I have a feeling that a combination of Sutton and Feametta will quickly make you forget Hoover.
Have they gotten better? Don't know. Have they gotten worse? Most certainly not. So then why not get younger? Smart move.

The off season has just begun. Be patient.

What's next? Smith for a 1st round pick? hmmm......

Not a bad idea. He's aging. His best years are probably behind him, but he could help a Super Bowl Contender this year. Probably no football next year. Three years from now, he's an old man trying to hang on. Something to think about.

I just think if they stay "status quo" then we get more of the same. Personally, I'm a little bit energized by the youth movement that is going on.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:24 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,650,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCbyChoice View Post
If you really look around the league, the Panther tickets are still a pretty good value (relatively speaking).

As for the money, people are having this knee jerk reaction to what they have done so far this year. But let's take a closer look:
  • Jake was cut, but he will still be paid his money. Matt was signed for 4 times what he made last year. Doesn't seem like a money saver to me.
  • Peppers was let walk. Well, 95% of Panthers fans agreed, he wasn't worth the money. Smart move.
  • Kemoeatu was let go. He's fat, and could barely move when healthy. I wonder just how good he would be after tearing his achilles and being inactive for almost a full year? Another good move.
  • Lewis was good, not great, and definitely not worth his contract figures.
  • Diggs let go. Even this Buckeye fan will admit it's time for Anderson and/or Conner to take over. Good timing.
  • And then Hoover. Fan favorite. One of the Panther greats. True. But his best days are way behind him. Anybody that knows football should have picked up on that last year. His body is breaking down. How many nagging injuries did he have last year? I have a feeling that a combination of Sutton and Feametta will quickly make you forget Hoover.
Have they gotten better? Don't know. Have they gotten worse? Most certainly not. So then why not get younger? Smart move.

The off season has just begun. Be patient.

What's next? Smith for a 1st round pick? hmmm......

Not a bad idea. He's aging. His best years are probably behind him, but he could help a Super Bowl Contender this year. Probably no football next year. Three years from now, he's an old man trying to hang on. Something to think about.

I just think if they stay "status quo" then we get more of the same. Personally, I'm a little bit energized by the youth movement that is going on.
Yes, you can argue Peppers wasn't worth the money, but him leaving is a huge loss for the pass rush. You just don't fill that spot easily....

Anyhoo, people will accept the raise in ticket prices and not speak out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte