Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 09:58 AM

53 posts, read 90,115 times

Advertisements

Hugua I don't believe the amount of the suit is large enough for an attorney to be interested, you could maybe call one about consulting you on how to proceed.
I'm not surprised he doesn't have a business license, you will usually find that only businesses with an office space or store front will actually have one.
In the future don't be naive in thinking because someone who did your floors was honest that the next guy will be the same, for every nice guy out there you will find 5 crooks. Sadly it is very difficult to know which you have until the job is completed, this is why it is good to speak to previous clients about their experience but ask to see the work to be sure they aren't giving you the numbers of relatives and friends.
Just go through with the appeal and be sure you have all documents and photos of the fence. You could hire a certified home inspector to come out and write up a report of the problem that you could use in court. The appeal should go just like the original case with the same outcome but he is entitled to an appeal so he is talking advantage of it. This is where I would consult with a lawyer to see if you can go after the maximum $5k limit to have the fence redone and for other damages. If he finds that he could lose more he may drop the appeal. Just call a few lawyers in the area, ask them if they would be interested in consulting you at an hourly wage and what the hourly wage would be. I'm sure you could add the cost to the suit but I'm not a lawyer so ask them beforehand. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte