U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 12:32 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,179,255 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Agree.
There are plenty of knock-offs of SKSs, AR15s, or AK47s - all are SEMI-automatic and very cheaply made.

A parent or adult somewhere in all this will ultimately need to be held accountable for allowing underage access to a gun.

It does not matter WHAT type of gun it was, but it will be spun that it was a tactical assault or some exotic weapon, pushing for more gun control.
Sadly, that is what typically happens w/ the anti-gun lobby.

I sure want to hear more about the dispensation of this case. There are so many aspects of it that are troubling! Kids roaming around shooting at other kids? And whose cars . . . surely their parents' vehicles . . . I would think we would be hearing from the adults. And if I were a school administrator, it would be great concern to me that our schools have kids attending who are inclined to behave this way.

Just a really disturbing story, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 01:05 PM

445 posts, read 681,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I hope we see follow up on this story, as I want to know why folks were not thrown in the pokey immediately for discharging a firearm = and POSSESSION of a firearm, too.

The way this incident is portrayed, it actually makes the police look very very nonchalent - and I seriously doubt they were so unconcerned.
So true.

I just can't believe that there will be no charges filed. And unless the press decides to revisit the story with an update, we may never know what has happened.

Just an example of the horrible reporting we get around the Charlotte area. Pure sensationalism gets the nod and facts and outcome are just an afterthought.................. unless it is something sensational or involves celebrities.

And I would hope that some charges will be filed. If not, we should all be worried about the future.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,611,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTraveler View Post
So true.

I just can't believe that there will be no charges filed. And unless the press decides to revisit the story with an update, we may never know what has happened.

Just an example of the horrible reporting we get around the Charlotte area. Pure sensationalism gets the nod and facts and outcome are just an afterthought.................. unless it is something sensational or involves celebrities.

And I would hope that some charges will be filed. If not, we should all be worried about the future.
I am only presuming but I am thinking it because they are rich kids
I am just guessing

Old 03-15-2010, 07:27 PM

Default Local Fox news

the victim of the road rage is suppose to share his side of
the story tonight at 10 on fox

Old 03-15-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Glad to know this - thanx for the heads up, Sunny!

Old 03-15-2010, 07:50 PM

Quote:
I am only presuming but I am thinking it because they are rich kids
I am just guessing
Well, we can guess that the one kid (victim) isn't wealthy or he probably wouldn't be living in an apartment.

I suspect the five kids in the car are not rich. I bet they are just average students from average homes and there is something else involved - drugs, girlfriend/boyfriend stuff - something else.

Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 PM

124 posts, read 181,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Well, we can guess that the one kid (victim) isn't wealthy or he probably wouldn't be living in an apartment.

I suspect the five kids in the car are not rich. I bet they are just average students from average homes and there is something else involved - drugs, girlfriend/boyfriend stuff - something else.
Where is the notion that they are rich coming from. Did I miss something in the reading? Can someone please copy and paste that portion of the article, I missed it...

Old 03-15-2010, 08:32 PM

45,269 posts, read 88,560,970 times
Quote:

Thanks for the heads up - at least now we know the "victim" was really the aggressor.

It was not a real AK47 either.

Sounds like the kids in the car pannicked when he approached them and wanted to fight them at the red light. They probably brought out the gun to scare him off. They may have started things by saying something to the guy at the first red light on Providence Rd, but then HE took off following them and antagonizing them down Fairview.

From his manner of speaking and his known actions, he sounds like a gang banger type or punk looking for some kind of trouble to me.

Anybody want to take any bets that Al Sharpton and the ACLU can't be far behind if this "victim" has his way?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:34 PM

You know what im sayin Your right it looks like a dud of a story and I really Dont have any sympathy for victim
if he was actually a victim at all You know what Im sayin

urghs me when people talk like that

Old 03-15-2010, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Thanks for the heads up - at least now we know the "victim" was really the aggressor.

It was not a real AK47 either.

Sounds like the kids in the car pannicked when he approached them and wanted to fight them at the red light. They probably brought out the gun to scare him off. They may have started things by saying something to the guy at the first red light on Providence Rd, but then HE took off following them and antagonizing them down Fairview.

From his manner of speaking and his known actions, he sounds like a gang banger type or punk looking for some kind of trouble to me.
yeah even the fuzzy image of the other peep you could tell none of them where winners
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or