Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 05:09 PM

1,139 posts, read 2,349,169 times

Advertisements

Check this out. Sorry it's a slideshow and you have to navigate through it but it is only 10-12 slides

The 10 best affordable U.S. suburbs - MSN Real Estate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 07:23 PM

14 posts, read 41,841 times
How far is the commute from huntersville to uptown?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:07 PM

2,948 posts, read 6,993,582 times
Did they happen to mention the horrendous rush hour traffic getting to said suburbs in Huntersville?

Old 03-15-2010, 08:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,252,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR9girl View Post
How far is the commute from huntersville to uptown?
during non rush hour 20 minutes
rush hour it takes me around 45 minutes but if there is a wreck your screwed
it best to know the back roads there is at least two good ones.
I highly recommend taking the express bus the buses are nice luxury liners
cushin seats, overead lighting adjustable air foot rest.
Very timely buses no worries about doing the driving sit back & relax
becareful about taking naps I woke up at the garage

Old 03-16-2010, 12:34 PM

108 posts, read 117,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chance2jump View Post
Did they happen to mention the horrendous rush hour traffic getting to said suburbs in Huntersville?
I believe that many of us that have experienced rush hours in different large cities will agree that the Charlotte area is comparably better than most. Any place with a busy interstate will have horrible tie ups when there is a wreck. That is a fact of life. I agee with Kayak, there is express bus service for those that don't wish to face traffic and alternative roads, ie. Statesville Rd. or Beatty's Ford Rd. I don' think that the traffic situation is severe enough to hide the fact that Huntersville is a top rank town.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 PM

4,692 posts, read 9,255,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajanqueen View Post
Check this out. Sorry it's a slideshow and you have to navigate through it but it is only 10-12 slides

The 10 best affordable U.S. suburbs - MSN Real Estate
Kudos for Huntersville. I wonder, though, how does it stack against other NC suburbs.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:49 PM

6,150 posts, read 9,967,565 times
The downside to Huntersville are the CMS schools and it's unfortunate considering how good the elementary schools are in that area... Unfortunately, your kids grow up - well, not unfortunately - I mean it's a fact of life that Elementary schools don't tell the whole story.

Yes, you could talk about diversity and amenities, but the vast majority of the folks I met from the Huntersville area send their HS kids to private school.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:07 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,077,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
The downside to Huntersville are the CMS schools and it's unfortunate considering how good the elementary schools are in that area... Unfortunately, your kids grow up - well, not unfortunately - I mean it's a fact of life that Elementary schools don't tell the whole story.

Yes, you could talk about diversity and amenities, but the vast majority of the folks I met from the Huntersville area send their HS kids to private school.
Agree - I know folks who send their kids to private schools (or home school) b/c of the high school situation. In addition, I know several families who moved out of Huntersville to Mooresville precisely to avoid sending their kids to High School.

Of course, for retirees or empty nesters, the school situation wouldn't be a factor for living in Huntersville. I always liked Huntersville - especially before it grew so rapidly (80s-early 90s). Growth needs to slow down there but I don't see anyone doing anything to help make that happen - and articles such as this one won't help with that, either.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:12 PM

1,350 posts, read 3,762,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post

This is why we did not choose Huntersville. Too bad, I liked it there.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:27 PM

509 posts, read 1,795,633 times
The high school situation is changing (for the better) for those portions of Huntersville zoned for the new Hough High, so I wouldn't count out public high school in Huntersville anymore. Just pick your neighborhood wisely!

Oh and traffic - really not that bad. I commute to uptown every day and it takes 20-25 minutes. When there's a wreck, there are back roads. On the other hand, when I visit friends in south Charlotte after work it takes just as long, if not longer, so I don't really get the traffic comments re. the Lake Norman area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte