U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:53 PM

2,603 posts, read 4,283,924 times

Advertisements

Also, if you're parking at 7th street station, you can always buy a breathmint or a piece of fruit at Reid's for under $1 and get your parking vaildated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 07:45 AM

452 posts, read 1,218,513 times
I went to uptown last night and parked behind discovery place it was $5 after 5pm so that was a plus....

Old 03-17-2010, 08:14 AM

108 posts, read 85,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luisdiovany View Post
Hey everyone I moved here from Miami 2 years ago and I must say I am loving it here....I do have one thing that I have to say...

What is up with the parking in Uptown??? I lived in South Beach for 2 years and never saw parking that high...unless there was an event...EpiCenter $15..{20 at night}.....What the heck is that? I parked in some parking lot just this week, read the wrong sign...parked for 3.5 hours to find myself paying $13 bucks at 11am whoa....My cuban blood came out...I was livid....but I had to get out so I payed......Someone explain that to me? Bring me back to earth on this...

I also have to say there have been other things that I have notice are higher then from where I am from, for example WATER....I use to pay $75 every 3 month now my bill is about $65 month...Where are my Charlotte regulars with all the answers...
Drive your car down South Boulevard to a park and ride. Jump on the light rail and it is easy and you won't have to worry about it. Nevertheless, I have always found all day parking for $5-$7 on weekends. Good luck and welcome to Charlotte.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:49 AM

1,764 posts, read 2,749,232 times
Park at 7th street and go get a cup of coffee or other purchase at Reids. They will validate for 2 hours.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:17 AM

3 posts, read 4,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
EpiCentre does validate. At the movies, they always ask if I need it validated. I never drive there, so I haven't asked at other places, but most of the garages validate.
The movies at the EpiCenter may validate, but a lot of the restaurants do not. I'm attending a birthday dinner for a friend at the new Mexican restaurant, Vida. I just hung up the phone with them and was told that they do not validate parking. On top of paying for dinner at a nice place, I can add on another 15-20 just for parking. That's the price of a meal!!! It's completely ridiculous, and if it weren't that my friend was hosting her birthday there, I would frequent a fine dining establishment that doesn't charge and arm and a leg for parking. There are plenty of nicer places that don't feel the need to rip you off. The EpiCenter is a complete rip off.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:32 AM

2,031 posts, read 4,706,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Also, if you're parking at 7th street station, you can always buy a breathmint or a piece of fruit at Reid's for under $1 and get your parking vaildated.

I think Reids closed down.
My parents wanted to go to the Levine museum in June.
I said I would drive them and get a coffee as had recently visited the museum and was surprised to see it closed.
Unless they were just refurbishing.

Old 10-23-2010, 12:23 AM

3,071 posts, read 7,724,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurMcAlister View Post
Drive your car down South Boulevard to a park and ride. Jump on the light rail and it is easy and you won't have to worry about it. Nevertheless, I have always found all day parking for $5-$7 on weekends. Good luck and welcome to Charlotte.
Yo from what I have seen you can jump on the light rail after you park BUT when you come back later that night to get your car the JUMPIN might just be ON YOU....

Old 10-23-2010, 06:42 AM

21 posts, read 62,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Yo from what I have seen you can jump on the light rail after you park BUT when you come back later that night to get your car the JUMPIN might just be ON YOU....
Useless fear-mongering. The unfortunate reality is that anyone may be a victim of a crime anywhere. I haven't seen any news that would indicate being in the park and ride lots would make you a more likely target.

If you're dumb and fearless and don't mind walking (like me) you can park FOR FREE at the lots at College and 12th. Around the old Sears building and across College Street from the old Sears building are giant surface lots that I've never had a problem at.

Old 10-23-2010, 07:32 AM

308 posts, read 531,141 times
I have found that parking in Charlotte uptown is comparatively easy and reasonably priced. There seems to be plenty of parking lots for $5-$6 a day and when I go to a play, my ticket is validated so I only pay $5. There are plenty of good deals for monthly parking. Good luck finding good parking in South Beach. It is practically all metered and the area isn't very expansive either. It really isn't reasonable comparing the small entertainment area of South Beach to actual city business center parking.

Old 10-23-2010, 09:25 AM

4,761 posts, read 6,444,182 times
Do you really want to know why parking is so high downtown? Because people pay it, and there aren't a whole lot of options. Its just that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte