U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 01:16 PM

2,823 posts, read 4,119,602 times

Advertisements

If I read the OP correctly you are NOT looking to make an offer on a specific home yet.... you are asking about sales prices in the two communities you are considering.

If you have not signed a buyers agency agreement - the agent you are working with would be a representative of the seller however, I think most agents would be happy to provide you with the sales in the neighborhoods you are considering without your signing a buyers agency agreement.

If you do decide to sign a buyers agency agreement - be sure to read it carefully and make sure you can cancel at any time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2010, 08:56 AM

622 posts, read 1,581,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
If I read the OP correctly you are NOT looking to make an offer on a specific home yet.... you are asking about sales prices in the two communities you are considering.

If you have not signed a buyers agency agreement - the agent you are working with would be a representative of the seller however, I think most agents would be happy to provide you with the sales in the neighborhoods you are considering without your signing a buyers agency agreement.

If you do decide to sign a buyers agency agreement - be sure to read it carefully and make sure you can cancel at any time.
Charlotteborn - you are absolutely correct. Without a buyer's agency agreement a realtor can only disclose material facts ("public information") to a buyer. Comps (recent sales in a subdivision) are material facts and should be readily available to a buyer without an agency agreement. A good realtor can find this information and provide it to the buyer very quickly.

What a realtor cannot do without a buyer's agency agreement is answer any buyer's questions that are not public knowledge (for example. "How much do you think the seller will accept?"). If a buyer signs an agency agreement, there is usually no reason that it cannot be voided for a legitimate reason.

Asking a buyer to sign a buyer agency agreement on the first meeting, is like asking someone to get engaged on a first date. I expect to work with a buyer for 3-4 meetings and determine if the buyer's wants are realistic, and that my knowledge matches their needs. It is important to note that a realtor can only negotiate an offer on your behalf with a buyer agency agreement.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:09 AM

95 posts, read 214,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
You need to find an agent that you feel comfortable with. Do NOT sign an agreement to work exclusively with them unless you know they are right for you. You would be crazy to buy a home without an agent working on your side (just my opinion and I am not a real estate agent!).

Amen Charlotteborn, If you are selecting a Realtor , interview them and ask to see how many homes they have sold in the area and get testimonials!!!

Old 03-21-2010, 05:21 AM

604 posts, read 1,129,651 times
I do not know many realtors that will show property 3-4 times without a buyer agency agreement.

Old 03-21-2010, 01:06 PM

1 posts, read 2,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_2_clt View Post
I am looking for buying a home in the concord area, preferably in the Highland creek or in the winding walk subdivisions.

After doing some research, I figured out new construction is probably less expensive than the existing old homes in the market.

Spoke to the builders around the area. You know how the sales agents talk. They always try to prove they are the best and the prices they offer now are really low when compared to what they sold in these same communities an year (or couple years) ago.

But, before getting into anything I just wanted to know the (realistic) prices in these communities.
I need some help if anyone has recently constructed or purchased an inventory home with the builder in these communities.

Also, I need some suggestions about which community has more potential for the prices to appreciate!

I am on a budget and I need a bigger home for my growing family, may be a home with 2500+ sfoot.

Would appreciate ur help folks!

Thanks
I built a home in winding walk and moved in Sept '07. It is 2800 sq ft and had a base price of $280k. 4/2.5 with media room/5th br. We opted for granite kitchen, upgraded kitchen package with wall oven + advantium convection/micro combo, hardwoods thru out downstairs, master bath granite, upgraded tile and shower doors and $10k stereo system, larger patio, etc. final costs were $340k. Prices for extras can really add up.

I can send you an email of houses for sale and 6 months past sales for community. Also, there are 3 neighborhoods, thorngate, cannongate and wingate. Prices for land vary in all three neighborhoods. We are seeing a lot of building past 3 months, some spec, but a lot of new sales. Shea has aggressively marketed to the Electrolux employees relocating from Augusta, GA in June. The neighborhood is great, pool awesome with lazy river wave pool, tennis and grocery 1 mile away. All new. The High School just opened this past fall, gorgeous, junior high 4 years old at most and elementary school on Cox Mill across from HS. All highly rated at the top. Close access to 85 and Concord Mills Mall thru Highland Creek and just 8 miles from Northlake Mall.
Some sections of Highland Creek in the Cabarrus County school district have vinyl siding if that is an issue, whereas Winding Walk has Hardie Board siding. I enjoy it here. There are plenty of families with young kids.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 03-21-2010 at 01:15 PM..

Old 03-21-2010, 01:49 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,184,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynR View Post
I built a home in winding walk and moved in Sept '07. It is 2800 sq ft and had a base price of $280k. 4/2.5 with media room/5th br. We opted for granite kitchen, upgraded kitchen package with wall oven + advantium convection/micro combo, hardwoods thru out downstairs, master bath granite, upgraded tile and shower doors and $10k stereo system, larger patio, etc. final costs were $340k. Prices for extras can really add up.

I can send you an email of houses for sale and 6 months past sales for community. Also, there are 3 neighborhoods, thorngate, cannongate and wingate. Prices for land vary in all three neighborhoods. We are seeing a lot of building past 3 months, some spec, but a lot of new sales. Shea has aggressively marketed to the Electrolux employees relocating from Augusta, GA in June. The neighborhood is great, pool awesome with lazy river wave pool, tennis and grocery 1 mile away. All new. The High School just opened this past fall, gorgeous, junior high 4 years old at most and elementary school on Cox Mill across from HS. All highly rated at the top. Close access to 85 and Concord Mills Mall thru Highland Creek and just 8 miles from Northlake Mall.
Some sections of Highland Creek in the Cabarrus County school district have vinyl siding if that is an issue, whereas Winding Walk has Hardie Board siding. I enjoy it here. There are plenty of families with young kids.

I agree, Winding Walk is in a good location - convenient to just about everything. It would be more attractive to me without the big power lines at the entrance, but at least the homes aren't built under them. Oh, and the new high school is very nice!

Entrance to Winding Walk and a view of the clubhouse:

Example of a home in Winding Walk:

Old 03-21-2010, 04:53 PM

9 posts, read 13,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_2_clt View Post
I am looking for buying a home in the concord area, preferably in the Highland creek or in the winding walk subdivisions.

After doing some research, I figured out new construction is probably less expensive than the existing old homes in the market.

Spoke to the builders around the area. You know how the sales agents talk. They always try to prove they are the best and the prices they offer now are really low when compared to what they sold in these same communities an year (or couple years) ago.

But, before getting into anything I just wanted to know the (realistic) prices in these communities.
I need some help if anyone has recently constructed or purchased an inventory home with the builder in these communities.

Also, I need some suggestions about which community has more potential for the prices to appreciate!

I am on a budget and I need a bigger home for my growing family, may be a home with 2500+ sfoot.

Would appreciate ur help folks!

Thanks
I was looking for a home in the exact same subdivisions. I also considered Christenbury and Cannon Crossing.

I totally agree with you about the cost of building a home vs. buying an existing home. We looked at existing homes in the $350k-$450k asking price range and were pretty disappointed. We could build a much better home at Highland Creek (Dominion Grove) by Ryan with tons of options for under $300k.

My wife and I loved the Bel Aire floorplan at Winding Walk by Shea. But similar to LovesMountains, my wife could not get over the power lines near the entrance/clubhouse.

We ended up going with Cannon Crossing - we really liked the Reseda floor plan, the smaller community (only 156 homes), and the larger lot size. But we were really close to signing with Ryan - you can get incredible bang for your buck there.

Old 03-22-2010, 07:45 PM

17 posts, read 22,842 times
what floor plan of ryan?

Old 03-22-2010, 08:06 PM

9 posts, read 13,249 times
harry72,

We were considering the Verona floor plan by Ryan. After telling the salesperson, Lindsay, that we were also considering Cannon Crossing due to certain features, she said that her manager is now adding other floor plans for Dominion Grove such as the Rosewood. And get this, they are offering a free partially finished basement (valued at about $50k) for the first 5 buyers.

I definitely could have gotten a better value by going with Ryan, but I still got a pretty good deal at Cannon Crossing and my wife and I really liked the home features.

If you go, tell Lindsay how you heard about this. She was great to us, and I kind of felt bad that she didn't get her commission out of us in the end.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:00 AM

285 posts, read 710,989 times
If you are trying to do a side by side comparisons, try to visit other Shea and the other builder subdivisions to see many stages of construction. They really are not the same. I think Shea is a very good builder, my parents just built in Union county and was very happy with them. We spent a lot of time on site watching it go up, and asked lots of questions ,and avoided pitfalls, just because we were there. the subs on the job seemed very happy,polite and caring about their work.

We looked at most standard home builders, I thought pricing was hard to figure out at ryan and pulte since they had restructured and everything was really base model and all had to be upgraded.

I think inventory homes they are willing to deal much more aggressively.

feel free to dm me with any questions or advice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or